What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Bedtime Tunes: (A real Favourite of Mrs Q’s)

FM - Old Habits Die Hard
14th Studio Album in their 40th Anniversary Year

2 Likes

2 Likes

More beautiful vocals. Uniti Core.

4 Likes

Los Skeleteros - Mariachi Punk. The only Swabian mariachi punk band I know, for some reason. Great fun, loud on the cans.

1 Like

If you are suffering from any anxiety symptoms, play this and let yourself go :grin:

7 Likes

Pavel Klikar, Musica Antiqua Praha, mystery of early baroque, cd 4. :smiling_face:

4 Likes

Natalie Merchant, Ophelia. :smiling_face:

15 Likes

Eagles, hell freezes over. :smiling_face:

19 Likes

Communic : Conspiracy In Mind (2005) and The Bottom Deep (2011) CD Rip

While buying some new Prog/folky metal stuff on Bandcamp today, I pulled some Communic CD Rips up on my SSD and gave them a play. It’s been far too long since I played these albums - they actually came on a 4 CD compilation back in the day for a ridiculously low price.

Some really decent prog metal from a band that never seemed to get much recognition, some good melodies, nice riffs and solos and clean vocals. I must play their later 2 albums later in the week.

On Qobuz for those that could be tempted.

5 Likes

A few trax from the new Darryl Hall set due out June.

8 Likes

3 trax off the new Eden Brent set due 21st June.

3 Likes

9 Likes

8 Likes

3 Likes

3 Likes

Mighty Baby - A Jug of Love (1971)

Referred to by some as the British Grateful Dead. A few years after this album they decamped to Norfolk and met up with Richard & Linda Thompson at a Sufi commune.

The band sits somewhere between the Grateful Dead and Fairport Convention, although they had been the mod band The Action in a previous era.

The remastered album on the Cherry Red offshoot Grapefruit label is very good and available on Juno Download in 16 bit at £8.59

3 Likes

Digging crates…

15 Likes

‘Making Movies’ - Dire Straits

Sounding sublime on a sunny Saturday morning.

25 Likes

3 Likes

never forgotten 54 years ago

7 Likes