What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Long John Baldry - It Ain’t Easy

From 1971 produced by Rod Stewart and Elton John.

On board are Ron Wood & Micky Waller from Jeff Beck’s band and backing vocals from Lesley Duncan, Doris Troy, Madeline Bell and Liza Strike.

The title track predates Bowie’s cover by a few months.

IMG_8992

6 Likes

Albert Collins - Frozen Alive

8 Likes

Just because it’s such a great punky/poppy/reggaey album.

5 Likes

One of my very favourite “supergroups”…… The Rides. (Stephen Stills, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Barry Goldberg)

Sheer musical talent in every department.

The Rides - Can’t Get Enough. The first of their 2 albums.

7 Likes

Capercaillie

Sidewaulk

Another purchase from the charity shop this afternoon.

Edward

3 Likes

2 Likes

51Afltku75L.AC
Cream - Goodbye.

16 Likes

This is a brilliant album Toon👍🏼

1 Like

Anna Calvi debut from 2011

6 Likes

Bob Seger - Beautiful Loser - CD (1975)

7 Likes

Sure is. Their rendition of Rockin’ in the Free World is ace.

1 Like

As a huge fan I was disappointed at the time. It felt like the end and that Weller was moving on…as he was. Still doesn’t get played much in these parts. Strangely I quite liked The Style Council though.

1 Like

It probably is, and its an absolute cracker.
Circumstances(See what I did there) meant that my eventual addiction to Beefheart started when I went in heavy from the off and aged 16 maybe 17 found myself the owner of this:-
image.
A school mate had bought it on a whim and hated it, I took it off him and stuck to the task :rofl:

14 Likes

My first album purchased with paper round money. Still my fave Cream album with ‘Sitting On Top Of The World’ outstanding, A real dessert island disc .

3 Likes

Now Playing…

Eric Clapton - To Save A Child An Intimate Live Concert

Streaming on Qobuz (48/24)… I came across this April 2024 release from Eric and taking out for a spin and enjoying the opening two tracks…

9 Likes

Lesley Duncan - Sing Children Sing

Backing singer for Dusty Springfield, Girlfriend of David Bowie and Scott Walker.

Elton John recorded her ‘Love Song’.

Backing vocalist on Pink Floyd’s ‘Dark Side of the Moon’.

Elton John, Ray Cooper and Chris Spedding on this album.

IMG_8993

9 Likes

I think the Style Council released some great singles - Introducing is a great 12” EP which picks up their best stuff I think. The Jam always seemed like a great singles band as well to me.

1 Like

You’re clearly an aesthete :wink:

An incredible record, I really like the “muffin man” outtro
Zappa and Beefheart go so well together

1 Like

Dunno about that but at first glance I thought you said Athlete and I’m definitely not that :rofl:

1 Like