What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

13 Likes

Played this every night since its release, so must be good.

5 Likes

The Housemartins - London 0 Hull 4 - CD (1986)

12 Likes

Bob Dylan - Shot Of Love.

6 Likes

48khz 32bit

32bit where did that come from?

Stunning album. Do you know this one?

3 Likes

Dunno why it shows like that on the Naim app?? The track Sugar Almond is just too sad, wells me up so it does.

Don’t know that one - will have a listen.

1 Like

Yea, very nice, thanks for the suggestion. Didn’t make the connection when you first posted.

1 Like

Done with TV for today.
Following @Toon posting this earlier, thought I’d give it an airing.

5 Likes

The Jam - All Mod Cons - CD (1978)

10 Likes

Texas - Southside, still prefer the music from the first three or four albums, compared to what the group later recorded.

17 Likes

For a change I thought I’d play the mono tonight (usually my hand falls on the stereo copies)…

Love
Da Capo
Elektra US mono first press, 1966.

Side 1 is just a stone classic. Breathtaking.

13 Likes

Emily Barker, Room 822. :smiling_face:

5 Likes

LP - Cadet 2006 reissue : )

Dorothy Ashby - Afro-Harping

<<>>

SIDE 1
Soul Vibrations
Games
Action Line
Lonely Girl
Life Has Its Trials

SIDE 2
Afro-Harping
Little Sunflower
Theme From ‘Valley Of The Dolls’
Come Live With Me
The Look Of Love

< >

Dorothy Ashby - Harp - from Lyon & Healy, Chicago
Orchestral arrangements - Richard Evans

Recorded at Ter Mar Studios, Chicago in February 1968

~ < < > > ~

8 Likes

Pantera - Vulgar Display of Power (2010 remaster, RSD limited edition)

Pantera’s “second” album (at least for the Mk2 version of the band) and here they shed the last vestiges of the 80s, ditching the long hair and falsettos, leaning into a sharper, more aggressive band, both in sound and aesthetic. Vulgar is quite possibly the band at their tightest and leanest from a song-writing perspective, eschewing fat to weigh in fighting-fit with razor-sharp riffs and potent lyrics. Special call-out goes to “Hollow,” a harrowing but touching ballad that talks to the anguish of dealing with a comatose close friend, one who is alive but dead. Think of this as Pantera’s “One,” only from the perspective of the victim’s friends and family. There’s so much vulnerability here and it’s a shame that Phil would all but abandon this touching introspective side in favor of macho bravado that gilded future songs.

Like the RSD release of Cowboys From Hell, the pressing here is as good as it’s ever sounded, adding body , detail and depth to what was a dry and at times shallow recording on the original. It also has quite a bit of compression like Cowboys but whereas on the latter it didn’t effect the total presentation, here it’s a little too heavy-handed which hurts the dynamic range and makes the overall sound a bit too forward for my tastes. Still beter than the original CD, however.

1 Like

Van Morrison - The Legendary Bang Sessions from 1967. 2024 reissue, SQ is very good - available on Tidal (24/96).

5 Likes

Dire Straits - Alchemy
At work, trying to plan for a busy week ahead.

23 Likes

Some nice Chris Rea before out the door to work @Cmax Garry thought of you as I remembered our first chat over the album last year…music and friendship :grinning:

Chris Rea - Auberge

19 Likes

On CD:-

Wishbone Ash - Front Page News

9 Likes

Goldfrapp, strict machine. Yippee, work day is done. Time for some sound pressure and pace. :smiling_face:

14 Likes

Love it David …your work day is done…mine starts at 10…enjoy your rest
Cheers Ian

2 Likes