What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Thanks, I know the four seasons and the planets so that is a start. I think what I find daunting is the number of options that come up on qobuz in terms of conductors, performances etc! If I search for Rush 2112 it is much simpler😉

4 Likes

Sounds good… I’ll get some Kimchi and give it a go!
Thanks @Deeg!

1 Like

Yes Adam, I am a STH at Fulham.
It was a great day today.

1 Like

Frankly, although when you’ve listened to a piece and know it well you have favourite performances, for the beautiful pieces it’s hard to find a recording that isn’t really enjoyable. Save worrying about which performances until years later and just enjoy the wonderful music.

6 Likes

National Health

8 Likes

I saw them as support for Steve Hillage on 1st May 1978 - what a concert.

1 Like

Croydon Greyhound 21st May 1978 for me, the week before were Radio Stars and the week after The Motors. Good memories, great times.

2 Likes

There we both are.

7 Likes

Madonna, self titled debut album. That was 1983. :smiling_face:

16 Likes

U2 - War - CD

22 Likes

Still 3hours away for me yet,but Happy New Year to all that have got there already,and best wishes for a fabulous year of great music/listening ahead :tada:

3 Likes

My album of the year.

1 Like

That’s exactly what I did Stevie, after 40 years in the drinks trade , it had me flummoxed :cocktail:

1 Like

Trader Horne - Morning Way
Judy Dyble and Jackie McAuley

3 Likes

Ah the lovely Judy Dyble’s voice, sadly missed on the Fairport chat page.

1 Like

The Beatles at the BBC on BBC2.

2 Likes

This is a brilliant mainstream jazz album. Highly recommended.

8 Likes

2 Likes

Eddi is lovely. Here we are backstage a couple of years ago, when Covid was still rampant and vulnerable people had to be so careful. It’s a selfie so please forgive the quality.

7 Likes

Nice one👍