What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

ZZ Top - Eliminator - CD

37 Likes

Donald Fagen Morph The Cat / 2006 Reprise / Japan Promo CD / WPCR12246

23 Likes

Talk talk

21 Likes

Tracy’s powerful first album, and the track at the moment ‘Behind the wall’.

41 Likes

Ane Brun - Rarities

10 Likes

14 Likes

Angela Hewitt - Bach Partitas - Tidal 16/44
Beautiful music with incredibly sophisticated construction played by Hewitt, for my taste the greatest Bach player I’ve ever heard.

10 Likes

I wish I could get into classical. I just find it so daunting! My dad was a classical music lover and has left a reasonable collection on vinyl so maybe I’ll make the effort this year

6 Likes

I hope it works for you, if it does there is so much glorious music to explore, but if not you have the genres you love already to give you pleasure.

3 Likes

Give it a go ryder,i had to listen to holst the plants in assembly at school 50 years ago hated it,you mature and appreciate classical as you get older,all the best for the new year

4 Likes

Thanks, I’ll make it a resolution. Along with no more upgrades (after the next one) :wink:

3 Likes

Lunatic soul
Lunatic_Soul_cover
Awesome album,it isn’t soul ,mariusz duda has a great voice and a great band behind him.

7 Likes

My suggestion would be to listen to the most popular pieces first, there is a section of classical music lovers (not represented on here that I’ve seen) who sneer at them, but there is a reason why they’re popular, they’re beautiful and repay multiple listens. Due to that some may make you think “Your call is important to us, please hold”.
I avoided the longer masterworks, they are beautiful, but can feel like you’re dropped in at the deep end. This is just a few of the beautiful pieces that can give you a taste. Others may well suggest other options, these are by no means the only choices, but they give a flavour of what classical music can offer.
(It’s a longish list, but pretty much every piece has a gorgeous tune and may hook you, if some do then you can explore the composer a bit further and see whether their music works for you.)

Short pieces:
Pachelbel Canon in D
Debussy Clair de Lune
Strauss Blue Danube
Albinoni Adagio in G

Slightly longer pieces:
Beethoven Moonlight Sonata
Schubert String Quintet
Bach Brandenburg Concertos
Vivaldi Four Seasons
Holst The Planets

11 Likes

Mrs HH is at the controls tonight, and we have this.

16 Likes

4 Likes

My first Eddie Reader album……remember Fairground attraction, but not much else. Picked this up for 30p at the charity shop.

13 Likes

Space Walk/Don Rendell Quartet

10 Likes

Wishing all friends and foes a Happy New Year!:sunglasses:

9 Likes

Anaïs Mitchell, self titled album. :smiling_face:

15 Likes

David Bowie - Lets Dance - CD

The Duke’s entry for 1983

30 Likes