What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

A great work. I love it!

1 Like

Agree, Gian. It’s a better version than the original.

Indeed! I’m tryin’ to get a mint of the 33 rpm single!

There are a few on Discogs, even one seller in Italy. Not cheap though. Best of luck.

1 Like

Phantom Limb - The Pines - 2013 - Label - Naim Audio - OG Vinyl.

This album is a blend of classic southern soul and country blues. Lead singer Yolanda Quatey (Yola) left the Bristol based band in 2013 to launch her solo career and released her debut album Walk Through Fire in 2019.

11 Likes

Why? Thought I’d give the Maple Leaf a wave.

steve

2 Likes

…some more Orpheus, this time playing Mendelssohn’s 4th Symphony.

I do have the Orpheus DGG box set down in the cabin, but it’s horribly wet and I can’t face the 25 meter walk in the rain today🫤

9 Likes

Tinariwen - Amassakoul

5 Likes

Exploring some more of Osi and The Jupiter’s catalog as recommended recently by @Taake

1 Like

The album that followed the legendary Tubular Bells

Though I wouldn’t class myself as a ‘rabid’ fan, I am familiar with and own several of his releases. Almost unbelievably, I have never listened to this…:man_shrugging:t2:

12 Likes

will have to play this tonight -

just noticed it is the album cover in the picture for the music question (not Hawkwind linked) in the guardian’s Thursday quiz!

13 Likes

Just this moment booked to see them (again!) in Bath in August. :grin:

Aoife O’Donovan, all my friends. :smiling_face:

6 Likes

Connie Evingson - All the Cats Join In. She has a very fluent singing style, and some nice swing behind her.

7 Likes

Alison Krauss & Union Station, so long so wrong. :smiling_face:

14 Likes

Wonderful live record

5 Likes

Didn’t do it for me until Tin Drum which really does deliver imo. Uniti Core.

24 Likes

John Lennon, imagine. :smiling_face:

17 Likes

Lord Huron – Strange Trails
CD rip | 2015

folk rock.

10 Likes

The Beach Boys - Pet Sounds - CD (1966)

58 years ago today The Beach Boys released the classic album Pet Sounds widely ranked as one of the most influential records ever released and has been ranked at No.1 in several music magazines lists of greatest albums of all time, including New Musical Express, The Times and Mojo Magazine. In 2003, it was ranked No.2 in Rolling Stone 500 Greatest Albums of All Time list, (The Beatles Sgt.Pepper’s came first).

19 Likes