What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Paul McCartney - McCartney / Archive Collection - CD (1970)

54 years ago, Paul McCartney’s debut solo album, McCartney, started a three-week run at No.1 on the US album chart. Apart from Linda McCartney’s vocal contributions, McCartney performed and recorded the entire album solo. The album featured ‘Maybe I’m Amazed’, which Rod Stewart and the Faces featured on their 1971 album Long Player.

15 Likes

The Beatles - Let It Be - CD (1970)

The Beatles 12th and final studio album ‘Let It Be’ started a three week run at No.1 on the UK chart, 54years ago today 23/05/70 featuring ‘The Long And Winding Road’, ‘Across The Universe’ and the title track.

26 Likes

Phil Collins - Face Value

I can’t believe I’m listening to a Phil Collins solo album - I blame the jokes thread. This and its successor, Hello I Must Be Going, were very popular among girls when I was at university. I think every girl I knew had a copy of one or both and I grew rather tired of PC. I’m not sure I’ll be able to stick with it for long.

22 Likes

Starting day with a very mellow album,wonderful stuff.

8 Likes

Spandau Ballet - Through The Barricades

4 Likes

Settling down this morning with this Mosaic CD set -

6 Likes

Billie Holiday - Some Other Spring on Breakfast on BBC R3 FM.

Presenter Petroc Trelawney has just reminded listeners that the next six weeks will be an EFZ, an election free zone, ‘apart from in their short news bulletins.’

6 Likes

A nice Byrds Compilation
The Byrds - Full Flyte - 1965 - 1970

13 Likes

Your comments about Phil Collins brought a smile as I know we are both big 1970’s Genesis fans.I like you have most of Phils solo albums and last weekend I played But Seriously but after half an hour I just couldn’t play it anymore .It just sounded really boring with that Motown tinged relationship songs.Every song sounded just like the last
The first two albums are descent…only my view though

1 Like

Front @ 72 dpi

13 Likes

Front

4 Likes

7 Likes

3 Likes

3 Likes

Some of the albums from my early morning listening from approx 2am and last night.

13 Likes

Totally missed that there was a remaster of the first album I ever bought.

Just delivered, Parade by Spandau Ballet.

Sounds great.

6 Likes

Mrs Q having a ‘Duvet Morning’ so Porridge in bed and one of her all time favourite albums.
Phil Collins - Face Value

13 Likes

Please be assured that I don’t! I was playing that album from Qobuz, but I did get to the end, although in my defence, I was reading news at the time.

2 Likes

Why? Here we go, into space…

steve

12 Likes

the Waterboys - 1988 - Fisherman Blues - Label - Ensign / Chrysalis - OG Vinyl.

This fourth album from the Waterboys was a change of musical direction combining traditional Irish & Scottish music, country and rock and roll.

It was also their best selling album and regarded as among the Waterboys best work.

14 Likes