What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

I do and enjoy them all😊

4 Likes

Following the Phil start gone for some Phil led Genesis and Abacab. A rather underrated album in my opinion.

15 Likes

On CD:-

Can - Monster Movie

11 Likes

A rare best of moment with Kansas, The Best Of…

4 Likes

Steeplechase vinyl.

3 Likes

Primordial. Redemtion at the Purtian’s Hand. 2011.

I’d completely forgotten about this band for last decade! Good to have a listen to this album again, so much talent and energy.

2 Likes

The unedited photo included Nash…

I think the contrast between youth and age is excellent.

18 Likes

An album that never fails to astonish me. Brigitte Fontaine - Comme á la radio. Eccentric chanteuse meets avant-jazzers the Art Ensemble of Chicago, and the result is mesmerising.

8 Likes

Bon Jovi - Living Proof

Seems a new album may not be far off

Edit… yeah, “Forever”, set to release on June 7, 2024

5 Likes

Great live show at The Green Door Store in Brighton last night.

5 Likes

An earlier post by @JimDog and a poorly phrased search request on Qobuz led me to this. A happy accident. Lonnie Smith & Alvin Queen - Lennox and Seventh. One of the “Definitive” series from the Black & Blue label. Not at all sure why Melvin Sparks on guitar doesn’t get equal billing, but anyway, great blues/jazz/ soul from a master of the B3.

4 Likes

Why? Double espresso, cake and the sofa.

steve

PS Am I the only person who bought this album?

3 Likes

Arab Strap - Bliss - I’m totally fine with it

A Roon find, I think I need to listen to the rest of the album!

4 Likes

Continuing to play things from Mrs Q’s favourite bands.
Styx - Equinox

7 Likes

Having a bit of a Joss Stone afternoon today. For some reason i’m playing more and more of her music lately. Apart from the fact that she has a great singing voice and is not afraid of moving out of her comfort zone, i have yet to listen to one of her albums that is badly recorded.

5 Likes

Don’t you just love Ry Cooder :notes: :notes: :musical_note:

22 Likes

Ah well. Giving this another try, but for me it’s just a bit…meh. Reminds me of those “perfect” Heston Blumenthal recipes, where he takes a classic dish and removes all the chance elements and imperfections that make it a classic in the first place: fine if you like Turbot in tempura, but I’ll stick with cod in beer batter. Royal Scam & chips it is.

23 Likes

Aimee Mann – I’m With Stupid
CD rip | 1995

10 Likes

My feeling almost exactly. I never connected with Aja the way I did with Pretzel Logic. Sold my copy.

Too slick. An audiophile’s dream, but not mine

4 Likes

Well, I decided to please my self for the next instalment this afternoon.
Tool - Fear Inoculum

Truly their most accomplished work thus far in my opinion.

12 Likes