What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Some more Mr Ry :notes: :guitar:

20 Likes

I agree. Off to see them at Manchester next week.

1 Like

Getting the post lawn mowing arvo session off with a bang with this fave from a few years back. 2010 jam sessions between these two giants fleshed out in 2019 with a few classy Brit jazz sidemen. Utterly uplifting - Rejoice indeed! World Circuit vinyl.

9 Likes

A friend of mine is seeing them in Birmingham, but I’m missing out this time as we were supposed to be in Italy. That trip got cancelled though🫤

2 Likes

Some more Aimee Mann … The Forgotten Arm

CD rip | 2005

8 Likes

Yes - Fragile - CD (1971)

it would have been Robert Moog’s 90th birthday today, inventor of the synthesiser. He built his first electronic instrument, a theremin - aged 14 and made the MiniMoog, “the first compact, easy-to-use synthesiser” in 1970. He died on 21st Aug 2005 at his North Carolina home aged 71, four months after being diagnosed with brain cancer.

24 Likes

3 Likes

4 Likes

From 2021.

5 Likes

3 Likes

On Vinyl, my favourite EWF album
71Bf4PLiPQL.AC_UY327_FMwebp_QL65
Earth, Wind & Fire - That’s the way of the world

14 Likes

Due out the 31st.

4 Likes

It seemed only right to follow one extremely polished and engaging Prog Metal album with another.
Dream Theater - Octavarium

6 Likes

Now playing…

Ry Cooder - The Prodigal Son

Ry Cooder (Banjo, Bass, Guitar, Keyboards, Mandolin, Vocals), Joachim Cooder (Drums, Percussion), Terry Evans (Vocals), Robert Francis (Bass), Aubrey Haynie (Violin), Bobby King (Vocals) and Arnold McCuller (Vocals).

Streaming on Qobuz (88.2/24)… returning home after having coffee with friends and easing into the morning with Ry and he and the band are sounding sublime!

18 Likes

Beth Orton – Central Reservation
CD rip | 1999

17 Likes

All their stuff is worth a listen @A-Fin, I’ve got to be in a certain frame of mind to appreciate it though…

2 Likes

A very very welcome present at lunch with my sister and my brother in law who is Robin Trowers manager.The remastered Bridge Of Sighs - 50 th Anniversary Edition

22 Likes

Agree, Steve. Usually after the third pint!:joy::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Evening classic 60s (well 1970) Brit Jazz with Harry Beckett and stellar band - Flare Up. British Jazz Explosion Decca reissue. Explosive sums it up. Last saw Harry and his Octet at Norwich Arts Centre on a wet Tuesday in the 80s- maybe 25 people there but still played his sox off!

BTW Sun Ra seems to be looking at me wherever I sit in the room! Spooky.

7 Likes

…so the Prog Metal continues.
Riverside - Wasteland

7 Likes