What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

After listening to Max Richter’s meditation on war and its aftermath while reading the news, I need cheering up. This always works. Super deluxe edition on CD.

29 Likes

Joe Sample Ashes to Ashes / 2014 Warner / EU version of Japan CD / 8122795700

9 Likes

Paul Weller

First play, listening on Qobuz

Edward

5 Likes

Spoken like a true music snob! :joy::wink:

If you like this try ‘Folklore’, IMHO it’s much better, in fact I’m going to play the vinyl now :+1:

1 Like

I have that and all the others too sir😉 CD’s for the most part.
I’m in danger of becoming a ‘proper’ Swiftie🫣
I also particularly like her new one, which was delivered on vinyl on the day of release🤷🏻‍♂️

4 Likes

Paul Weller

Modern Classics - The Greatest Hits

Edward

12 Likes

Eric Clapton - Slowhand - 35th Anniversary

13 Likes

Disturbed

Immortalized

Edward

8 Likes

IMG_8929

On vinyl: Lucy Rose - This Ain’t The Way You Go Out. As recently recommended by @Bokermonz and @AndyP, this is a very fine album indeed. Discogs refers to Lucy’s music as indie pop / folk which gives you an idea of the type of music. The album reminds me a little of the music of A Girl Called Eddy (Erin Moran).

4 Likes

A post yesterday re Aja prompted this - I prefer this album anyday over that.

Steely Dan
Countdown To Ecstasy
ABC US pressing

24 Likes

Stevie concur with your comments yesterday about Aja.
Just come back from a music loving mates and funny enough Aja got in the chat.
I was saying although I do play it from time it just always leaves me a bit empty .
Yes its incredibly well recorded and crafted but we both concurred the tracks are so safistacated especially lyrically but they don’t stir you emotionally…its like their trying to be clever .
Enjoy the sun
Cheers Ian

3 Likes

Enjoying on CD - The White Stripes - Get Behind Me Satan :smile_cat:

21 Likes

Waxahatchee - Tigers Blood. Another excellent album from Katie Crutchfield.

9 Likes

‘Trying to be clever’…yes, good description. I just found it…soul-less.

Sounded good, but that’s not my raison d’etre listening to music.

Case in point: Mingus’ Blues & Roots sounds fabulous, but more importantly the music has being, guts and soul.
Beefheart’s Strictly Personal is low-fi, but likewise… it’s got it.

White Stripes eh? Good idea :+1:t3:

1 Like

Before the Stripes…

I love this album.

Capt. Beefheart & The Magic Band
Strictly Personal
Blue Thumb 1968, mono.

15 Likes

Rosanne Cash - Rhythm & Romance - CD (1985)

Happy :birthday: Birthday Rosanne Cash 24/05/55

American singer-songwriter and author, Rosanne Cash, the eldest daughter of country music icon Johnny Cash and his first wife, Vivian Liberto Cash Distin. She won a Grammy in 1985 for ‘I Don’t Know Why You Don’t Want Me’, and has received twelve other Grammy nominations. She has had 11 No.1 country hit singles, 21 Top 40 country singles and two gold records.

6 Likes

Love it Stevie I was reflecting on my comments about AJa listening to The White Stripes at the moment and theres so much that touches me.Beautifully recorded but no endless mixing like Aja …what I mean it’s honest and not trying to be satisfactied.
Its funny with Aja I used to play it and I got more of a feel of the songs but it still left me feeling its really rather boring …makes your system sound great but emotionally…yawn :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Nancy Sinatra, start walkin’ 1965-1976. :smiling_face:

14 Likes

Beverly Kenny, sings for playboys. :smiling_face:

5 Likes

American band from mid 1980 's The Droogs
The Droogs - Kingdom Day

3 Likes