What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Sting - The Dream Of The Blue Turtles

His debut and still my favourite of his solo releases.

21 Likes

Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers | Southern Accents | 1985

18 Likes

Toby Tobias from the Tobyjug !!!
Space shuffle 2008.

Nice Balearic after dark vibes and beats

1 Like

8 Likes

Fource of nature mountain.

15 Likes

Amazing that an album released in 1985 won best album at the 1987 awards. This album seemed to be everywhere in the mid-80s.

1 Like

‘Nightclubbing’ - Grace Jones

Super album.

22 Likes

Didn’t remember how good this is. Thanks TheKevster

8 Likes

Tom Petty | Full Moom Fever | 1989
His wonderful solo debut album release just had to get played.

19 Likes

13 Likes

It’s a great album, and can’t answer why it won the Britts in 1987, what i can answer is all the audio shows at the time were playing it non stop, demoing the new CD media and every system seemed to also contain a pair of Celestion SL6’s remember them….

1 Like

Dam @Cmax … 39 years :flushed: suddenly feel old :joy:

Anyway, I think it would be rude not to!!

Dire Straits - Brothers In Arms

21 Likes

Enjoy ! It’s still great music :+1:

2 Likes

Grace Jones Island Life / 2018 Island / Germany CD / 8424532

21 Likes

A Flock Of Seagulls - self titled
1982 Jive German Pressing

Bought this one by accident for 5 Euros at a fleamarket. I have always loved „I Ran“ but the whole album reminds me of the good old times. The real good German NDW bands like Fehlfarben had a similar style that was influenced by Kraftwerk, Vince Clark or Joy Division. The guitars here remind a bit of Big Country. Just a fresh sound out of my humble system, makes me feel 40 years younger :wink:

9 Likes

Bobby Womack - Understanding
Italy 1972

6 Likes

All About Eve. 1988. Extended CD. Underrated in my opinion.

They are difficult to categorise, but I was pleased to hear Planet Rock playing them this week.

8 Likes

Delicate Sound Of Thunder. This is the Third Most Boring Official Pink Floyd Live Album (only Live At Knebworth and the original 1988 version of this album are duller). Still, it’s what my guest wants to hear, so who am I to refuse?

12 Likes

You are an overly harsh critic on The Floyd’s later work Kev, their worst stuff is better than many at the time.

1 Like

I love the Floyd @Steve_S – I’m just not a big fan of the Dave-led version (a few tracks aside).

3 Likes