What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Really? I mean, ONJ was very pretty, but Soph…

14 Likes

Sade Stronger Than Pride / 2000 Epic / EU CD / 5005972

22 Likes

Todd Rundgren - Something / Anything?

11 Likes

A great artist who doesn’t get enough love on the forum.

1 Like

In our defence, we were young. My older self would have voted differently. Well maybe!

1 Like

FRom Mozart on vinyl to Handel on CD:

11 Likes

I was going to play Rubber Soul, then decided to listen to the remixed tracks from the recent red album release

The Beatles - 1962-1966, side two.

22 Likes

I do like a nice mandolin…

14 Likes

The Rolling Stones - Exile On Main St.

23 Likes

Dire Straits - Brothers In Arms - CD (1985)

39 years ago Dire Straits scored their second UK No.1 album with ‘Brothers In Arms’, also No.1 in the US and 24 other countries. One of the first releases marketed to CD buyers, ‘Brothers In Arms’ was an early ‘all digital’ recording. The album won two Grammy Awards at the 28th Grammy Awards, and also won Best British Album at the 1987 Brit Awards, and has gone on to sell over 30 million copies worldwide.

30 Likes

IMG_2240

Joe Walsh - The Smoker You Drink, The Player You Get.

23 Likes

Prince - The Hits 1.

17 Likes

Well, 8 of the 9 Beethoven Symphonies have filled the whole of our days listening thus far.
I elected to skip #9 today, as it is my least favourite and felt in need of something a little more upbeat.
Cue Steely Dan and The Royal Scam…

…Get along kid Charlemagne

19 Likes

Now playing…

Fink - Bloom Innocent - Acoustic

Fin Greenall (Vocals, Acoustic Guitar, Piano, Percussion, Bow, Cajon, DAF, Fender Rhodes), Tim Thornton (Acoustic Guitar, Percussion, Piano, Vocals) and Guy Whittaker (Fretless Acoustic Bass, Percussion, Vocals).

Streaming on Qobuz (48/24)… kicking off this Saturday morning with Fink’s ‘Bloom Innocent - Acoustic’ album and he and the band are sounding sublime! …a lovely album to ease into the this cool, overcast and damp morning.

9 Likes

Away with Meloncholy. The Natural Yogurt Band. 2008.
Psychedelic Funky Jazzers 1st album.

1 Like

So, Qobuz puts The Doobie Brothers as the 1st pick on their list of similar artists to Steely Dan and The Best Of The Doobie Brothers is first in the list of albums under the artist, so here we are listening to The Best Of The Doobie Brothers

11 Likes

Stevie Wonder - In Square Circle

8 Likes

Well that was annoying. Qobuz and our ND5 XS2 decided that that album was not going to play properly and just kept cutting out.
Therefore, we have switched to Elton John and the simply wonderful Goodbye Yellow Brick Road :blush:

26 Likes

My very favourite album of all time

1 Like

3 Likes