What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

RT is at The Brook in Southampton, tomorrow night (BH Monday) :smile::smile:

Was lucky enough to see him at the Reading Festival in 1975 play an excellent set.

David Bowie - Pin Ups - CD 5 years box set - (1973)

It would have been Mick Ronson’s Birthday today 26/05/46

24 Likes

14 Likes

Sierra Ferrell – Long Time Coming
CD rip | 2021

Folk, country. One of my favorites released in the last few years.

5 Likes

This one is growing on me. I loved her previous album, but this is less immediate for me.

5 Likes

Mott The Hoople - All The Young Dudes - CD (1972)

Verden Allen Happy :birthday: Birthday 26/05/45

English musician Verden Allen a founding member of 1970s rock band Mott The Hoople, who had the 1972 UK No.3 & US No.37 single ‘All The Young Dudes’ which was written for them by David Bowie. Other hits include, ‘All the Way from Memphis’ and ‘Roll Away the Stone’.

Following on from Bowie’s Pin Up’s and Mick Ronson’s involvement seems only right to include this.

18 Likes

Miles Davis Tutu / 2001 Warner Bros / Germany CD / 7599254909

17 Likes

Now playing…

David Gray - Skellig

David Gray (Guitar, Keyboards, Piano, Synthesizer, Vocals), Caroline Dale (Cello, Vocals), Ben De Vries (Percussion, Piano, Vocals), Niamh Farrell (Vocals), David Kitt (Guitar, Synthesizer, Vocals), Robbie Malone (Bass, Percussion, Vocals), Mossy Nolan (Vocals) and Keith Prior (Drums, Percussion).

Streaming on Qobuz (88.2/24)… kicking off this Sunday morning with a cup of coffee and this beautiful 2021 release from David and he and the band are sounding sublime!

15 Likes

Loving a bit of Rory on a wet Sunday afternoon

Rag n Bone Man - Human

16 Likes

A 1960 's Psychedelia compilation
The 49th Minute Technicolor Dream

4 Likes

3CDs of Charles Tolliver Music Inc. - all of the music from the ‘Live at Slugs’ albums and ‘Live in Tokyo’, quite a bit of it previously unreleased.

Appetiser before ‘Live at Slugs Vol 1’ vinyl arrives from Pure Pleasure next week. Too bad that they have discontinued their Strata-East titles.

6 Likes

81qYjCsI4TL.AC_UY327_FMwebp_QL65
Francis Rossi & Hannah Rickard - We Talk Too Much

5 Likes

Neil Diamond - Gold
Probably my favourite live album.

7 Likes

Genesis Wind And Wuthering - Definitive Edition Remaster

25 Likes

Miles Davis Milestones / 2009 Columbia / EU CD / 88697491982

Miles Davis Trumpet
Cannonball Adderley Alto Saxophone
John Coltrane Tenor Saxophone
Red Garland Piano
Paul Chambers Bass
Philly Joe Jones Drums

16 Likes

LVB. Eroica, on Vinyl. Karajan.

Now the thunder storm has passed I can play something, except my wife keeps telling me to turn it down.

14 Likes

JBL speaker in the kitchen, missing the little Naim box as it’s being fixed. Anyhow, DB still sounding as good as always, and that’s the point eh?
From 1964, wonderful!
DonaldB_ANewPer_CoverAr_Source_1000162249_6fc6463d_thumbnail_1024

13 Likes

‘Double Fantasy’ - John Lennon and Yoko Ono

Absolutely love this album. John’s last - and the first album I purchased. The songs are great, the musicianship/production first class, and this reissue has superb SQ.

12 Likes

Paul Weller’s latest - 66. I’ve listened a few times now and unfortunately this really isn’t one of his best. Most of it is sub-Style Council soft soul and a fair few drippy ballads. A real shame as I love PW. On Wild Wood he sang ‘Has my fire really gone out?’ and on the basis of this the answer might now be yes.

5 Likes