What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Hi Ian, is In That Quiet Earth up there with the best the band ever did? Ruddy marvelous! Hope all is well.
Steve

2 Likes

Jeff Beck - Blow By Blow

21 Likes

This, on the other hand, is brilliant. Loophole - the new album from Michael Head & The Red Elastic Band

9 Likes

2 Likes

24 Likes

First listen……its got a nice sound

3 Likes

Steve Winwood. Compilation CD. Picked at random. Good stuff.

14 Likes

Peggy Lee - Is That All There Is - CD (1969)

Peggy Lee was born on this day 26/05/20

16 Likes

Slowly recovering tracks from a failed NAS disk (which was in a RAID as JBOD) and currently checking my Jimi Hendrix flac files.
The track Hey Joe recorded on 2nd night at The Filmore East is pure genius. Great song interspersed with licks from The Beatles song I feel Fine.

The track appears to have been remixed and remastered on this album and sounds a lot cleaner.

14 Likes

Sade, Soldier of Love (from the This Far box set, which is quite a cost effective way of getting a fabulous copy of this wonderful album)…

20 Likes

23 Likes

You are absolutely right here, I was also disappointed by PW

2 Likes

Enjoying the 2 x LP from this Sony Music 2010 released boxset : )

Bitches Brew is a studio album by the American jazz trumpeter, composer, and bandleader Miles Davis. It was recorded from August 19 to 21, 1969, at Columbia’s Studio B in New York City and released on March 30, 1970, by Columbia Records. It marked his continuing experimentation with electric instruments that he had featured on his previous record, the critically acclaimed In a Silent Way (1969). With these instruments, such as the electric piano and guitar, Davis departed from traditional jazz rhythms in favor of loose, rock-influenced arrangements based on improvisation. The final tracks were edited and pieced together by producer Teo Macero

17 Likes

Miles Davis - Miles Ahead - CD (1957)

16 Likes

Sade, Love Deluxe…

20 Likes

Miles Davis Live Around The World / 1996 Warner / Germany CD / 8122736122

13 Likes

Natalie Merchant, Motherland…

17 Likes

Stevie Nicks, crystal visions: the very best of Stevie Nicks. Happy belated birthday Stevie Nicks. :smiling_face:

18 Likes

Bruce Cockburn, Breakfast in New Orleans
Dinner in Timbuktu…

4 Likes

Some late night Vienna.
I fell asleep earlier for an hour, so now wide awake, what to do? A strong coffee and music until the wee small hours? Why not, reminds me of the old days … :grinning:

24 Likes