What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Enjoy my friend, enjoy :+1:

1 Like

There is something about great jazz at this ridiculous time of night.

18 Likes

This guy is excellent:

9 Likes

Skipping merrily thru a few faves, as you do.

23 Likes

The drumming on this track is right up there. Time for another cuppa :+1:

24 Likes

My Dying Bride - Turn Loose the Swans (1993, original pressing, limited edition)

One of the most revered and influential albums in the second-wave British doom scene, Turn Loose the Swans is probably the album that best captures what makes My Dying Bride so special: bone-crunching riffs, clean and hoarse vocals, dark, romantic lyrics, tremulous violin accents and most importantly, being able to shift instantly from slow, ponderous chords to head-bangin’ frenzy. This would form the blueprint for MDB going forward and is still unmatched in many ways even to this day, with so many doom bands lacking the song-writing chops that these stalwarts captured at their best. A masterpiece.

I’m lucky enough to own an original pressing and am happy to report that despite its age it sounds superb, with a fittingly big, crushing sound that gives each instrument the love it deserves. Well worth seeking out.

4 Likes

11 Likes

Natalie Merchant, paradise is there. :smiling_face:

16 Likes

Hope you get some zzzz’s.

1 Like

Always loved the nights when they played Bananas and the audience threw them at Deke onstage. Brilliant.

2 Likes

6 Likes

5 Likes

RIP Doug

15 Likes

Yellowjackets Shades / 1986 MCA / US CD / MCAD5752

4 Likes

10 Likes

Supertramp - The Very Best Of
It’s Raining Again in Sussex this bank holiday Monday.

17 Likes

Azymuth Tightrope Walker / 1986 Milestone / US CD / MCD91432

4 Likes

On CD:-

51Yc29-2fkL._AC_1

Prefab Sprout - Swoon

8 Likes

Norah Jones - Visions

15 Likes

Crowded House - Woodface - CD Deluxe Edition - CD (1991)

Happy :birthday: Birthday - Neil Finn 27/05/58

Neil Finn, guitar, vocals, from New Zealand group Split Enz who had the 1980 UK No.12 single ‘I Got You’. Split Enz had ten albums (including seven studio albums) reach the top ten of the Official New Zealand Music Chart. And with Crowded House had the 1992 UK No.7 single ‘Weather With You’ and a hit with ‘It’s Only Natural’. Finn has released many solo albums and replaced Lindsey Buckingham in Fleetwood Mac as part of their 2018 tour.

19 Likes