What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Chilling to a bit of Nat after a busy day in the garden.

7 Likes

Yet more zimmer, looking forward to Part 2 in the cinema;

ATB, J

7 Likes

A bit of JJ

24 Likes

Subliminal Messages by Fouette

Timo Vuoppola’s approach to this album, as shared on the band’s Bandcamp page, emphasizes the creation of music out of pure passion rather than the pursuit of fame. He describes it as “a labor of love,” crafted for the sheer necessity of musical expression, with the hope that listeners will appreciate it. This sentiment is not only met but exceeded, as we find ourselves not just liking the album but truly loving it.

Mid 1980s vinyl. The Banshees’ finest, methinks.

Happy birthday Sioux!

14 Likes

Seal - Best 1991 - 2004

12 Likes

Doors | Strange Days | 1967
Sometimes one isn’t enough so i’m going with another 50th Anniversary of theirs, sounding wonderful on disc 2 with the mono remaster.

16 Likes

Joining you Kev for a celebration of Sioux birthday.

Years ago in 1985 I went to a HiFi show in a Brighton hotel and was blown away by the Absolute Sounds room with an Oracle turntable with Air Tangent Arm and Koetsu onyx cartridge with a Audio Research SP10 pre amp and Krell monohlocks with Magnepan panels.I just sounded amazing with timbre and vanishing speakers.

But the Linn Naim room had a 32 4 ×135 and Active Sara’s and a LP 12 - Ittok - Asak T
They were playing Christine by The Banshees

and not as accurate as the Absolute Sounds system but it so engaged me…just grabbed me so exciting
Argh great memory and sowed the seeds of getting an LP12 and some Naim

Siouxsie And The Banshees - The Scream

15 Likes

The Art of Segovia | 2002
My absolute favourite classical guitarist since I was a boy…, here is a Maestro at work.

11 Likes

2011 CD Rip to Flac - Excellent SQ.

14 Likes

Listening to JuJu reminds me of what an incredible guitar player John McGeough was. Probably the best of his generation. Before he joined the Banshees, however, he was a co-founder of Magazine, a group who, with McGeough, Barry Adamson and Dave Formula, boasted considerable instrumental firepower. The production, the writing and the performances on this jaw-dropping debut are out of this world. By far and away the best album of its year. This is the very same vinyl copy I bought back in June 1978, when it was first released.

15 Likes

McGeoch was a great player. No-one sounded like him. I’d take him anyday over most of the more popular guitarists.

3 Likes

Fully agree - the best

4 Likes

The Fireman - Electric Arguments.

5 Likes

NEO Stream was updated today and can now handle hi-res Tidal Connect. To be honest I cannot really hear any difference but glad to have this anyway.

… and a bit of Schubert before bed time is always nice and calming.

3 Likes

Bank holiday cool.

IMG_0896

8 Likes

More from magnificent Mr McGeough and the marvellous Magazine. UK first press vinyl:

10 Likes

That’s an excellent choice :+1:

1 Like

The Fireman - Rushes - CD (1998)

Joining @AlanP with The Fireman

7 Likes

Sounding wicked on vinyl
The Moths - Walking On A Wire

2 Likes