What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Time for some live John

John Lennon - Live In New York City, it’s not outstanding, but it’s all we have.

12 Likes

14 Likes

Yes, for me his last few have been remarkably forgettable. I’ll stick to Wild Wood and Stanley Road. Often wondered about getting them both on vinyl as opposed to my CD copies?

1 Like

Last year’s reissue (on vinyl for the first time) of the classic 1981 cassette, and the perfect companion to Heaven 17’s Penthouse & Pavement.

6 Likes

15 Likes

Thanks for this @Taake.
I found a used copy - sufficiently intrigued by your post to buy it.
Violin and a trumpet in doom…got to play this!

1 Like

Harry Nilsson - Pussy Cats.

5 Likes

2 Likes

Bedtime Tunes:

24 Likes

Wow just wow! Michael Shrieve’s new album Drums of Compassion. My album of the year may have just landed. Assorted musical soundscapes all underpinned by his (and others) powerhouse drumming.

5 Likes

Diana Krall, the look of love. :smiling_face:

22 Likes

Ella Fitzgerald Sings The Rodgers and Hart Songbook, listening to the first disc of this double set.

14 Likes

An old jazz album from 1966

6 Likes

4 Likes

An old album of Eddies from 2007

3 Likes

Black Flag - My War (re-issue, year unknown)

Despite arguably being Black Flag’s best known and most influential album I never really listened to My War despite owning it, opting for either Damaged or Slip It In when in the mood. Giving it a proper spin and I really should’ve given it the attention it deserves as unsurprisingly it’s a potent eruption of hardcore punk that bares the seeds of sludge/cossover that would bloom in future bands.

As pressings go this one is fine, nothing spectacular. Black Flag were never known for audiophile-esque recordings and My War is pretty flat and constrained but still enjoyable. Bass is if anything overripe, at times swamping the sound.

4 Likes

3 Likes

Front

5 Likes

Had a good listen to this in car this morning, great album. A voice similar to Chris Stapleton minus the country twang. Highly recommend.

Teddy Swims I’ve Tried Everything But Therapy

6 Likes

Something uplifting before back to work.
Carry On is just perfect
CSNY - Deja Vu

22 Likes