What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

J J Cale - To Tulsa And Back - CD (2004)

22 Likes

@Biggles i have just listened to that recommendation. It is quite lovely, thank you

1 Like

Marcus Miller Tales / 1995 PRA / Japan CD / VICJ5150

6 Likes

Lady Blackbird - Black Acid Soul
On Record

24 Likes

UK first press vinyl LP, bought the day it came out in 1977, after school. Brian Humphries, the engineer on this, and who was the group’s FoH and studio engineer from 1974-79, died on Wednesday. Brian also worked on More and Ummagumma and also for the likes of The Kinks, Traffic, (UK) Nirvana, Free, Squeeze, etc.

40 Likes

J J Cale & Eric Clapton - The Road To Escondido - CD (2006)

18 Likes

You are most welcome. Check out her other albums too: Vulture Prince and Love in Exile especially

1 Like

Anna Erhard - Botanical Garden

I don’t know why anyone might be interested but heard it on BBC Radio 6 Music whilst grumpy on my stupid three hour drive home from work and it is such a silly track it just makes me smile every time it now comes up on my playlist.

2 Likes

Another Brian Humphries-engineered special. Japanese second press vinyl…

29 Likes

Tears For Fears - The Hurting - CD (1983)

26 Likes

Now Playing…

Arooj Aftab - Night Reign

Arooj Aftab (Vocals), Vijay Iyer (Piano) Shahzad Ismaily (Multi-Instrumentalist), Kaki King (Guitar), Gyan Riley (Guitar), Cautious Clay (Flute), Jamey Haddad (Percussion), Elvis Costello (Wurlitzer), Moor Mother (Spoken Word) and Petros Klampanis (Bass).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… a mention from @Biggles above had me place in the queue and now taking out for a spin and as always, Arooj and her talented group of musicians working with her are sounding sublime! …one beautiful voice.

8 Likes

Bishop Briggs - A modern classic in the making.

8 Likes

Ooh la la….just released, a bit of a Ronnie Wood fan. Sounds great.

5 Likes

Chris Rea - Dancing With Strangers

17 Likes

After a hectic day something mellow is needed. Jasmine Myra Rising on Matthew Halsall’s Gondwana label vinyl. Just the job!

5 Likes

J.J. Cale -Troubadour

20 Likes

Drawn to Neneh’s music a fair bit of late. Uniti Core

5 Likes

Pink Floyd - Meddle

33 Likes

‘Southern Accents’ - Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers

Released March 1985 and suffers occasionally from some mid-80s production but contains some killer songs including ‘Rebels’, ‘Don’t Come Around Here No More’ and the title track.

The second track - ‘It Aint Nothin’ to Me’ - is a real stinker, however.

13 Likes

Pure Pleasure/Strata East LP.

3 Likes