What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

The Clash - London Calling
On CD

22 Likes

New Order - Technique
On Record

14 Likes

Tedeschi Trucks Band - I Am The Moon
All four pieces in a single playlist

11 Likes

Aphex Twin - Digeridoo.

6 Likes

Paul Weller - Wild Wood

15 Likes

Another 1987 CD from the JBCD3 set…

17 Likes

IMG_2246

I enjoyed listening to John Martyn’s Piece By Piece so much earlier, I decided to spin his 1980 album, Grace & Danger. Much more of a jazz feel to this one.

13 Likes

Many happy returns for yesterday Tony.

1 Like

Hank Mobley Dippin’ / 2006 Blue Note / EU CD / RVG Edition / 094635550825

Hank Mobley Tenor Saxophone
Lee Morgan Trumpet
Harold Mabern Jr. Piano
Larry Ridley Bass
Billy Higgins Drums

11 Likes

Runrig

Long Distance: The Best of Runrig

Edward

11 Likes

On CD.

2 Likes

The Smiths - Meat Is Murder
On Record

14 Likes

It’s a glorious album, but is really poignant listening. Richard Thompson described it as “his third album seemed a stark cry for help, the voice of a man teetering on the edge of sanity”. (Quotation from Beeswing.) Even not thinking about his tragic death Pink Moon is a very lovely but dark listening experience

5 Likes

David Bowie - Bowie At The Beeb,The Best Of The BBC Radio Sessions 68-72 - CD (2000)

17 Likes

Last one from JBCD3, and The Greatest Album Ever Made, in its 1987 form with a white fatboy case…

22 Likes

Record

14 Likes

Bonny Light Horseman - Rolling Golden Holy.

9 Likes

This boisterous album takes us back to Seattle in 1972, with organ maestro ‘Brother’ Jack McDuff leading a full band through an evening of grooving full-on jazz. McDuff’s arrangements expertly orchestrate the tension and release that’s so important to this music.

8 Likes

61uOu+O-3JL.AC

Otis Taylor - Hey Joe Opus Red Meat.

The King of modern trance blues, and here’s the band’s epic performance of “Hey Joe” at The Kitchener Blues Festival.

Belter!

13 Likes

Yes, a good album I felt, better than its predecessor.
Seen them at Newcastle Mayfair, great concert but I’ll remember it for thinking that my hand got broken when Bowie stood on it!
He looked down and winked, never missing his lines :rofl:

It was re-released just a few years ago on silver vinyl. Stupidly I bought it even though I had my original!

1 Like