What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Great album, picked up a copy just yesterday … if only I had a record player :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Arooj Aftab - Vulture Prince. What a great album this is. Contemplating trying to get tix to see her in November, but Max Richter is playing the RFH the week before, and Mrs R might cavill at me being away two weekends on the trot.

7 Likes

Green On Red - No Free Lunch

5 Likes

Your P6 will soon be here, with a great selection of vinyl to listen too, while it runs in :+1:

Thanks @Anonymoot, I was just wondering how you had it hooked up. It’s an option I might look at down the line but am totally happy with my current Headamp and Atom…

1 Like

Banco De Gaia - Last Train to Lhasa - 1995

This album brings back some great memories, many of them spent roughly a thousand miles to the south-east of Lhasa :full_moon_with_face:

9 Likes

The War On Drugs – Slave Ambient
CD rip | 2011

15 Likes

Bob Dylan - Dylan

From 1973 when Bob left Colombia to go to Asylum, Colombia released this album of outtakes from Self Portrait.

For the younger forum members back then group think would have you believe Self Portrait was a duffer and this album was son of duff.

Turns out it is a cracker - all covers but a cracker nonetheless.

9 Likes

Keith Richards - Crosseyed Heart.

17 Likes

Stevie Ray Vaughan And Double Trouble | Texas Flood | 1983
Well, I couldn’t just play the one…

30 Likes
13 Likes

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - Abattoir Blues / The Lyre Of Orpheus - CD (2004)

18 Likes

Sorry for who posted this……a great Blues live performance in your music room👍

3 Likes

Picked at random from here

15 Likes

Bryan Ferry - “Let’s Stick Together”.

21 Likes

34 Likes

Didn’t know about the Richter dates. Have just booked for Symphony Hall so many thanks for mentioning it. Would be interested to see Arooj Aftab too.

2 Likes

A year before I retired I was sent out to our office in Bogotá for a month to take care of business!

I bought a shed load of ‘local’ albums. This is one a classic - selected by Billboard magazine as one of the “50 Essential Latin Albums of the Last 50 Years”.

Celia & Johnny - Celia Cruz and Johnny Pacheco.

IMG_9090

6 Likes

Bob Dylan - Planet Waves.

14 Likes

Nitty Gritty Dirt Band - Will The Circle Be Unbroken - CD (1972)

12 Likes