What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Made me smile your listening to bluegrass and I am on cajun :rofl:

2 Likes

I was thinking the same :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My first ‘Real’ listen to Mr Malmsteen. Thought it might follow nicely from Mr Satriani🤔

2 Likes

Bob Dylan & The Band – The Basement Tapes
CD rip | 1975

17 Likes

Tangerine Dream - Phaedra - CD (1974)

In Memory of Edgar Froese, who would have been 80 today, German artist and electronic music pioneer, best known for founding the electronic music group Tangerine Dream who had the 1974 album ‘Phaedra’. Froese died died suddenly in Vienna on 20 January 2015 from a pulmonary embolismon.

26 Likes

More Cajun music from Louisiana
Louisana Cajun Special No.2

6 Likes

Nick Lowe - Party of One

Vinyl.

The more acoustic tracks a nice reminder of a very decent gig at Nell’s in west London, a couple of years ago.

6 Likes

After playing Zeit earlier, without knowing it would have been Edgar Fosse’s 80th birthday today, I thought I would join @Cmax in playing my original vinyl copy of Phaedra.

Happy Birthday Edgar

23 Likes

Carol of Harvest, eponymous. Krautfolk from 1978. A truly wondrous album.

4 Likes

Trees - The Garden of Jane Delawney (1970). More excellent psych-folk, English this time, with great vocals from Celia Humphris.

8 Likes

Little Feat - 1971 - Little Feat - Label - Warner Bros - OG Vinyl

This is the debut album from Little Feat produced by Russ Titelman. It was the first of eight albums by the band before its first brack up in 1979. Lowell George disbanded the group because of “creative differences” shortly before his death in June 1979.

18 Likes

Thanks @Cmax, not played that in ages.
Sounded bloody marvelous.

2 Likes

Joining the Edgar Froese - Ages
R.I.P Edgar

8 Likes

Following the Dream with The Porcupine Tree
Stars Die: The Delerium Years ‘91-‘97 (CD)

10 Likes

Tangerine Dream - Stratosphere - CD (1976)

24 Likes

Now Playing…

Bat For Lashes The Dream of Delphi

Natasha Khan (Vocals), Jake Falby (Strings), Mary Lattimore (Harp), Logan Hone (Flutes, Saxophone), Brad Oberhofer Piano, Synths) and Ben Christophers (Beat Programming).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… found this on the new releases section on Qobuz and now taking out for a spin and Natasha is sounding mighty fine! Enjoying the opening tracks…

8 Likes

Nice - I have an original of that too.
Perhaps later🤔

1 Like

Go on :grin:

1 Like

Whitney Houston

Whitney

Edward

9 Likes

I’ll add them to a play list and see how I get on. Thanks for the recommendation
G

1 Like