What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

3 Likes

It’s a wonderful album. Not sure it receives the acclaim it deserves. Not sure any Feat album does tbh but Dixie Chicken is the one that seems to get most of the attention. Sailin’ Shoes my particular favourite but all the George albums are essential for me. I still miss Lowell. A special talent.

3 Likes

Barbra Streisand

Guilty

Edward

11 Likes

Roxy Music - Deluxe

The debut album with the John Peel sessions making up the whole album except Bitters End but with Virginia Plain.

Great to hear the album in stripped down radio sessions form in contrast to the dodgy Pete Sinfield album production.

A Mrs Jagger on the cover.

IMG_9093

25 Likes

As per previous post @Cmax :wink:

Gave it a nice clean first too😊

13 Likes

Sielun Veljet (“Brothers of Soul”) was a highly influential post-punk band of the 1980s. It was formed in 1983 by singer/guitar player, Ismo Alanko, and lead guitarist, Jukka Orma, from the remains of the successful new wave band, Hassisen Kone (“Hassinen’s Machine”). From 1979 to 1983 Hassisen Kone had evolved quickly from melodic three-chord punk to a rock band with more progressive tendencies. After audiences started demanding only the band’s early hits at concerts, however, Hassisen Kone decided to call it a day, and Sielun Veljet was born soon thereafter. Alanko and Orma recruited a rhythm section in order to perform new songs live in concert. Percussionist Alf Forsman had played with many superstars of Finnish music in the '70s, but bassist Jouko Hohko was a newcomer. The band also included lighting technician Hannu Viholainen in its lineup. The sound of the newly formed band was intense, propulsive and funky, and concert performances would become legendary. They had no intention of taping new material in the studio at the time, but that decision would soon be reconsidered.

2 Likes

Evening to myself, system nicely warmed up, bit of Ian moving into fusion.
Ian Carr - Belladona

13 Likes

The Pistols were ok but the leap to P.I.L was huge I think. Uniti Core.

18 Likes

Tangerine Dream | Reims Cathédrale Notre Dame | 1974
One of the Tangs very finest gigs, playing disc one of two from Volume 30 of The Tangerine Tree. This gig and recording has now turned 50 years old and remains a wonderful snapshot into what was a great evening in such a magnificent setting. Well played Edgar you set the pace.

11 Likes

Listened to the concert off YouTube by the pool this afternoon. A lot better than is often made out. Amazing only 3 instruments and a voice. Whole Lotta Love gets quite funky.

Now calming it down.

7 Likes

Bronco - Country Home

Jess Roden and Robbie Blunt - contains the beautiful Bumpers West.

Released on Island Records in 1970 - enough said…

4 Likes

Keith Richards - Talk Is Cheap 30th Anniversary 2cd Deluxe Edition.

8 Likes

Blasting off with Live Hawkwind
Space Ritual

24 Likes

UK first pressing. THe magnificennt debut album from 24 years ago… (for @steviebee)

20 Likes

After my wife mentioning the new Terence Trent Darby album………he has had a new name for some time. Anyway……radio earworm for her……not on Qobuz yet.
I eventually decided on something different😉

12 Likes

Loving this, Pat. Cheers👍

2 Likes

I have been collecting his stuff for a while now.

1 Like

I thought he had……new album May 14 th, it was played in R2 today….wife was in a traffic jam. I guess it will be on Spotify😥

1 Like

Tom Waits - Mule Variations

Contains my favourite Waits’ song ‘What’s He Building In There’

IMG_8331

17 Likes

Elton John - Empty Sky - CD (1969)

Pleased 55 years ago today 06/06/69 in the UK and 1975 in the US, Skyline Pigeon’ is the best known song on the album, and is the only one which John, albeit infrequently, performs as part of his live shows.

12 Likes