What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Blue Mink Melting Pot

10 Likes

Bellybutton - Jellyfish

11 Likes

Sadly another song that they won’t play on the radio given the lyrics.

4 Likes

I’ve only got a crappy mp3 but found it on Qobuz in cd format what a difference. Great song good thing we can control what we listen too.

1 Like

Yes indeed. Nice programme on BBC radio about the Blue Mink songwriters Roger Cook and Roger Greenaway - they wrote some classic songs.

Blue Mink were amazing great vocals from Madeline Bell and a band that included Alan Parker and Herbie Flowers (both of whom played on Bowie’s Diamond Dogs album).

6 Likes

Just got this LP recently and playing for the first time.

15 Likes

Time for one more before dinner and the footy (yes we call Aussies Rules footy if we called it football you blokes would be up in arms). :grin:

I’m not sure which version Pink Floyd Animals like but I do find I go to the hi res 2018 remix first.

27 Likes

Yep.

2 Likes

My first album was 1973’s Atem, that was played on my dad’s Grundig system, but not very often! it ended up being copied on to cassette, but the album and cassette are long gone, so like most, all have been replaced by CD.

First got the chance to hear them live at Sheffield City Hall, October 75, great days.

5 Likes

Prince -Purple Rain - CD (1984)

In Memory of Prince 07/06/58 - 21/04/16

Prince real name Rogers Nelson, would have been 66 today. The American singer-songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, and actor. He produced ten platinum albums and thirty Top 40 singles during his career including the 1984 US No.1 & UK No.4 single ‘When Doves Cry’. His releases have sold over 80 million copies worldwide. He won seven Grammy Awards, a Golden Globe, and an Academy Award. Prince died on April 21, 2016, aged 57 after being found unresponsive, in an elevator at Paisley Park his Minnesota home.

27 Likes

Bon Jovi

Forever

First play of the new album

Edward

6 Likes

New album from Bonny Light Horseman
Keep me on your mind/See you free

12 Likes

I was at that concert, @Cmax! We missed the last bus home because we were a little spaced out and couldn’t find the bus station. Great gig, great memories.

3 Likes

Some lovely Vivaldi before a day gardening
Vivaldi - The Complete Works For The Italian Lute

9 Likes

Tonight I will be listening to the Mersey Beatles - playing in Swansea tonight.
Not seen them before but they are supposed to be good and play from early to late songs including the psychedelic years…
Thought it might be fun so I will see.

6 Likes

George looks like a good resemblance and John is pretty good for an early John.

The drummer looks like Barry Wom.

Azymuth Spectrum / 2002 Milestone / Japan Promo CD / VICJ60959

3 Likes

John Lee Hooker

Burning Hell (2024 Remaster)

Edward

11 Likes

Hopefully I’m sitting far enough back that the facial features are not so much an issue.
They do seem to be very busy and are touring UK, Ireland and Australia so i assume they are reasonably good.

1 Like

Azymuth Cascades + Rapid Transit / 2001 Milestone / US CD / MCD470882

2 excellent Brazilian LP’s on 1 CD

4 Likes