What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

‘Morrison Hotel’ - The Doors

This 2x45rpm edition by Analogue Productions sounds superb - but a pain in the backside having to flip the discs so often. Still, a minor gripe. A great album which contains my favourite Doors’ track - ‘Queen of the Highway’.

And the cover photographs of the band are classics.

18 Likes

UK first press vinyl from almost 46 years ago!

22 Likes

The pggb? Is this something youu upscale on a pc and then save to a nas ?

What an album that was! We all wondered what Johnny would do next… the title track was suitably enormous.
A real ‘blimey!’ moment for me and my friends. A classic. Wonderful album.

4 Likes

Tangerine Dream | Poland | 1984
One of the Tangs finest later live gigs and recordings from Warsaw Poland when it was all kicking off over there. Fab stuff playing disc one of two. And of course happy 40th anniversary to this one :dizzy:

11 Likes

Enjoying on CD

Bowie - The Singles Collection

22 Likes

Correct. If you Google PGGB you should find the info at another forum. Takes up a lot of space but does sound very good. The PGGB files are wave. I have a couple hundred of my favourites and it requires 4tb hard drive space :flushed:

2 Likes

Yeah its a great album
I really love Barbakane its brilliant
Enjoy your evening Steve

1 Like

Thanks @Tabbycat, you too. As ever I’ve not had this out for a couple of years at least. Too many albums and really not enough time anymore! Enjoy your evening.

1 Like

Leonard Cohen - You Want It Darker (PGGB 705kHz - 24bit)

20 Likes

Then you must hear the deluxe version which has some stunning versions of this wonderful song.

3 Likes

Prince - The Beautiful Experience, an E.P. featuring six diffent mixes and versions of “The Most Beautiful Girl In The World”, plus the original single version.

10 Likes

‘Moving Pictures’ – Rush

Absolutely loving the track ‘Red Barchetta’ this evening.

How good are these lyrics from Neil Peart?

“Well-weathered leather
Hot metal and oil
The scented country air
Sunlight on chrome
The blur of the landscape
Every nerve aware……” :red_car:

16 Likes

Why? Sometimes one just has to…

steve

21 Likes

Fagen. Sunken Condos. 2013. I prefer Morph the Cat, but this is still excellent imho.

15 Likes

Playing it now!

1 Like

Such a classic album of it’s time and perfect for what was going on in clubland with Acid House and Exctacy
Primal Scream - Screamadelica

13 Likes

Tangerine Dream - Rubycon - CD (1975)

23 Likes

1981 UK first press on Factory Records…

5 Likes

John Martyn. Debut album. 1967. Simple but really good.

10 Likes