What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

No arguments there Kev, I’ve always enjoyed the earlier Pepper, especially. They sound a bit more natural and relaxed and I am sure my recently acquired 282 is helping too.

1 Like

Great strategically placed sock! :+1:

1 Like

Yep, love that track :+1:

2 Likes

The sound on this 1959 album is stunning. For the 2003 CD (ie this one), Capitol removed all the fake audience noise ad “live ambience” and the result is superb!

5 Likes

Yes, I saw Vai with Dweezil Zappa and this venture with Belew and Levin sounds (on paper) amazing.

1 Like

Experience Hendrix: The Best Of Jimi Hendrix.

20 Likes

Kev, do they also remove Miss Lee’s between song chatter?

Arctics - The Car - 2022

I thought I would be spinning by now … delays by Rega I’m told …

9 Likes

Nancy Sinatra - Start Walkin’ 1965-1976 - CD (2021)

Nancy Sinatra is 84 today 08/06/40

American singer and actress Nancy Sinatra who scored the 1966 UK & US No.1 single ‘These Boots Are Made For Walking’. With her father Frank she became the first father and daughter team ever to score a UK No.1 single with the 1967 hit ‘Somethin’ Stupid’. She also had several collaborations with Lee Hazlewood such as ‘Jackson’, and her cover of Cher’s ‘Bang Bang (My Baby Shot Me Down)’.

14 Likes

yes

1 Like

Takes me back to my youth this does… and what an album cover!!

19 Likes

I’m going a couple of years back Martin … ditto on the cover.
Steve

22 Likes

Capercaillie & BBC Scottish Symphony Orchestra

ReLoved (Orchestral)

Edward

8 Likes

Pink Floyd - Dark Side Of The Moon, hybrid SACD from '03, marvelous!

26 Likes

Hi @TheKevster

Agreed, and a fabulous session by Peggy and George.

From my Dad’s collection -
2003 Holland CD / 1992 Holland CD / 1959 UK Mono Tape / 1983 France Stereo LP / 1959 UK Mono LP

7 Likes

Oh yes Steve, I was going to put that on but decided to play Vol 4 instead.
That opening track Black Sabbath on Black Sabbath, I mean like what an introduction, I will never tire of it :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

IMG_2252

Richard Hawley - In This City They Call You Love. First spin of his new album.

10 Likes

On mono LP.

4 Likes

Staying with the heavy rock mood for now, some early Primus from 1990 doing it their way, love it. Though the cover art on this one isn’t so appealing to me!

6 Likes