What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

The Carpenters, Gold - Greatest Hits. :smiling_face:

16 Likes

While a 250 DR lurks un-hooked.
God,it will be good. So, bluetooth JBL in the meantime, but it still sounds kinda good :grinning:

8 Likes

Last one for the day:
Karnivool_-_Asymmetry

2 Likes

Hammers of Misfortune - 17th Street (2011, 45rpm)

Having not listened to 17th Street since its release I recall being disappointed with what was a relatively hyped album but little else. Time brings with it perspective and returning to Hammers of Misfortune with few expectations I can say that the band did a better job bringing me on board the second time around, albeit with caveats. The music is, well there’s no other way to put it: cheesy. Super-cheesy. In fact I daresay that if you have an intolerance to sonic-lactose then you would be best to steer-clear of this bombastic Deep Purple-by-way-of-Helloween-and-Dream Theater mix. This perhaps makes it sound more palatable than it seems and the music is indeed well put together but its over-egged nature was a bit much and while I respect the talent here I must confess this isn’t a record I will be spinning too often. But you may be more accommodating, especially if you like some cheese with your wine.

No such misgiving with the sound of the record itself, full of detail and punch with a huge soundstage to match. No complaints in that regard at least.

2 Likes

Boz Scaggs - Silk Degrees - CD (1976)

Happy :birthday: Birthday 80 today - 08/06/44

American singer, songwriter, and guitarist Boz Scaggs, who was a member of The Marksmen with Steve Miller, The Wigs, and as a solo artist had the 1976 US No.3 single ‘Lowdown’, and the 1977 US No.11 and UK No.13 single ‘Lido Shuffle’.

18 Likes

Starting our morning off with a ’Supergroup’
Stephen Stills, Kenny Wayne Shepherd & Barry Goldberg’s band The Rides

Pierced Arrow, there 2nd offering🙂

1 Like

Seasick Steve

A Trip A Stumble A Fall Down On Your Knees

Edward

5 Likes

6 Likes

Quite possibly my favourite PT album🤔

9 Likes

I never play enough of this guys music. Been following his work since the early 90’s.

2 Likes

John Cleary & The Absolute Monster Gentlemen - Pin Your Spin. British blues keyboard whizz, steeped in the New Orleans music scene. Blues, soul, funk, it’s all in there.

1 Like

Been playing this a lot lately. The wonderful Arooj Aftab and Night Reign. Beautiful.

7 Likes

Emotions - Rejoice
US 1977

4 Likes

Nostalgia with a kick

2 Likes

It’s on Tidal too. Haven’t been listening to it though (a bit too much for one session, over two hours)

The Police - Outlandos D’Amour

Not a huge fan of the Police but this album sounds so good.

19 Likes

15 Likes

Have you seen the news that Belew, Vai, Levin & Carey are going to be touring this trilogy later this year? Hoping they fit some UK gigs in next year.A must see for me.

1 Like

The Beatles - The Beatles, after seeing a couple of recent related posts from @TheKevster, I thought I would dig out my numbered '87 release for a spin. Sounds lovely to my ears.

21 Likes

I think many of those 1987 original CDs sound better than the 2009 stereos @AlanPAbbey Road, Let It Be, Pepper, The Beatles, Yellow Sub and MMT.

3 Likes