What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Lynyrd Skynyrd. 1973. Debut album, just great imho.

This album and supporting The Who on their US tour brought them proper exposure.

12 Likes

Intrigued, I looked it up on Discogs as I too remembered Hallmark as a budget label similar to MfP. It was.
The Jackson LP was first released on
A&M 1979, and reissued in the UK on Hallmark in 1984 & 1985.
Different matrices so not original metalwork, but cut by Jack Adams who I don’t know.

1 Like

Random pic from the vinyl cupboard, well random in the sense that it would be between an ‘S’ or a ‘V’ band

7 Likes

Burgers - Hot Tuna (1972).

Folk rock spin off from Jefferson Airplane, and it’s a cracker.

7 Likes

@Graeme, I have HT’s first album (just Jorma and Jack) but never heard Burgers…must have a listen.

1 Like

Van Halen

Van Halen

Edward

12 Likes

Prompted by @Graeme

RCA US press 1970

Jorma Kaukonen gtr
Jack Casady bs
Will Scarlett hm

Hot Tuna’s first, self-titled live album recorded at the New Orleans House Berkeley…I had completely forgotten about Will Scarlett’s harmonica on some songs.

5 Likes

I’ve nothing by Hot Tuna. in fact my Jefferson Airplane stuff is limited that needs sorting. So much to buy now I’m retired that I never (a) had the money for as a youth or (b) had the time to listen to when self employed(or had the money for then either :crazy_face:)
Meanwhile, still in the 'T’s

16 Likes

Thank you @GeoffC, I’ll have to be patient and look for some second hand CDs in (hopefully) mint conditions.

I must say you have quite a nice collection of JLF albums (and jazz fusion in general). So far, after discovering JF thanks to this forum, I think I’ve bought all his available albums as new CDs and also all Jazz Funk Soul albums. I truly enjoy his work and collaborations!

How lucky you are to be able to go to his concert, I wish I could do the same! Recently I’ve been to a concert with Dave Weckl, he’s an outstanding drummer. If I’m not mistaken he’s played with JL in his album “Eleven”.

1 Like

@TerryStouses
Yeah, money back in my teens made choosing what to buy or not a real quandary …but I was so lucky to get jobs where I lived onsite so no rent, and I wasn’t too interested in food (ahem) so each month… off to the record shops!

2 Likes

Doesn’t seem to be on Qobuz yet, but led me to this one - wow, this is good! Cheers :+1:
Rising Appalachia - Leylines.

2 Likes

Paul Simon - Graceland

24 Likes

20 Likes

I always associated Hallmark with Woolworths as a budget record label.

1 Like

Infected Mushroom - IM The Supervisor

3 Likes

Steely Dan - Can’t Buy A Thrill

22 Likes

Nice! I’m quite into mushroom, and also a side order of sphongle :+1:

1 Like

Lol… yeah, Sphongle & Infected Mushroom are the biz… working through some great electronic stuff today. You may well like the Symbolico - Perceiving All I posted earlier. I need to checkout some more of there stuff as that was a good album. Keep saving these albums and forgetting to revisit… so the next few days is about that :grinning:

1 Like

Talking of Symbolico, this one’s just reached the front of the queue

Symbolico - Connectika

1 Like

@bruss
Yep, that’s where I always saw them, and Marble Arch etc. I was surprised to see they were still in business in the 80’s tbh…

2 Likes