What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Layback and let it wash over you music. Uniti
Core.

10 Likes

Be-Bop Deluxe - Drastic Plastic
On CD

10 Likes

ZZ Top - Goin’ 50 - CD (2019)

Happy Birthday :birthday: Frank Beard - 11/06/49

9 Likes

Frank Beard? My first manager at work…

Can’t be…lol.

2 Likes

Last Stones album I bought. The HiRes stream beats my CD rip.

16 Likes

I think I can beat that - my wife giving birth to my son and I looked up to see the nurse delivering my son was called Sister Ray.

3 Likes

Pink Floyd - The Final Cut

This is up there with Animals, Meddle and Atom Heart Mother, all vying for my favourite PF album. So much more interesting than The Wall.

22 Likes

David Bowie

Hunky Dory (2015 Remaster)

Edward

30 Likes

Now playing…

Rag’n’Bone Man - Human

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… kicking off this Tuesday morning with ‘Human’ and the music is sounding mighty sweet!

16 Likes

P.J. Harvey - Let England Shake - CD (2011)

14 Likes

If evidence were ever needed to prove the greatness of The Stones this compilation would be my submission. An awesome 3 CD set (4 if you’re lucky enough to own the vinyl edition). Playing a rip of Disc 3 just now. Awesome stuff.

14 Likes

I aim to please.

1 Like

fa5e8760a151564252d7514c57de1832

2 Likes

Helmet – Unsung: The Best Of Helmet (1991-1997)
CD rip | 2004

Alternative rock.

3 Likes

Max Richter - Movement, before all flowers

I saw @Musicraft had posted this on the song of the day thread. Checking it out now on Qobuz. As usual with Max Richter, it’s delightful.

9 Likes

Always tell when something new is in the house this album always comes out especially for the track No More Tears :sunglasses:

7 Likes

Frank Zappa and the mothers of invention / Just Another Band From LA
Gave this a spin in the cleaning machine earlier and finished listening to it about an hour ago. I love Frank’s rock opera parody “Billy the Mountain”. The more and more i listen to Frank, the more convinced i am that no modern record company would touch him nowdays if he was starting out :laughing:

10 Likes

Max Richter - The Blue Notebooks

After that last (the latest and rather short) album from MaxRichter, I fancied some more. This from my own collection. It features the gorgeous ‘On the Nature of Daylight’.

14 Likes

Charli xcx - Brat - CD (2024)

Been listening to this while travelling to work, so acquired the CD.

2 Likes

Excellent!!!

I hope you did just what she said…

1 Like