What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Stevie Wonder | My Cherie Amour | 1969
I can’t remember the last time I listened to this oldie but it’s good to hear some early Stevie again.

13 Likes

Jean-Michel Jarre - Welcome to the Other Side (Live in Notre-Dame - Binaural Headphone Mix)

5 Likes

Fabulous debut album from The Stranglers …so many great songs
I love Sometimes and the cover is brilliant

19 Likes

David Bowie

Scary Monsters (And Super Creeps) (2017 Remaster)

Edward

28 Likes

This album reminds me of some very hedonistic times in the 80s - sometimes I think I am lucky to have survived.

4 Likes

On newly acquired used vinyl - traded some other records for this and some cash.

12 Likes

Not bad, @Adam1. This is the Wattbike benchmark for 1km, sadly not mine, but that of Joanna Rowsell. Just check those Watts!

Just so that I’m not accused of thread drift, here’s what’s playing currently:

Caravan - Cunning Stunts

6 Likes

Stevie Wonder | The Definitive Collection | 2002
More Mr. Wonder required here by popular request and this recording is sounding way better than the one I played earlier.

17 Likes

Hey Clive, Interesting, never done a 1km blast, food for thought, mine is a well old watt bike pro, but built like a battleship. Obviously I’ll have to give it a go, but I think the music needs to be higher tempo!

50.9Kph average, rapid, I’ll put the back of the bike on some bricks and see if gravity helps me :wink:

Although in my defence, mine are Naim Watts, they are always worth more :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If you enjoyed this @Bob3 check out ‘Welcome To The Blackout’ (if you haven’t already), probably my favourite of his live albums :+1:

1 Like

Mine too is rather ancient. It’s a Trainer model from 2013. I’m currently practising 4,500m blasts for the Brompton World Championships on the 22nd. I’ve never done it before, but it looks like great fun.

1 Like

Jean-Michel Jarre - Oxygene

23 Likes

Oscar Peterson. Compilation.

I’m no expert, but this guy could amaze.

5 Likes

s-l960
Pink Floyd - A Foot In The Door: The Best Of Pink Floyd.

17 Likes

How’s it sounding Kev?
I decided to get it as ‘safety copy’ (my original is still flawless) and it arrived yesterday at my daughters as we’re driving around France for 3+ weeks in the camper-van.
If the pressing is anything like their pressing of ‘High’ I’ll be pleased :+1:

1 Like

Bob Dylan, Love and Theft. Qobuz.

10 Likes

Played the stream for the first time on Sunday having seen the review in The Oserver. So good I decided to buy the CD which I’m playing now. Smiled when I realised the Queens, members of the Gogo ethnic group in Tanzania, are the true Go-Gos. Uniti Core.

2 Likes

A great Mosaic CD box set of Clifford Jordan on Strata-East - 7CDs.

6 Likes

Tony Joe White | The Shine | 2010
Because I can’t go on too long without listening to the Swapman…

9 Likes

Have this on original vinyl, my favourite of his :+1:

1 Like