What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Radiohead - Hail To The Thief - CD (2003)

19 Likes

Sunday All Over The World - Kneeling At The Shrine

From 1991, essentially King Crimson fronted by Mrs. Fripp.

5 Likes

George Michael - Patience.

9 Likes

Had some lovely poached eggs earlier so why wouldn’t I think about this (CD)… :crazy_face:

5 Likes

I attended the cremation yesterday of my first apprentice Gavin Michael Hope who joined our company in 2002 aged 18 years old.
He could light up a room with his smile and was loved by everyone who met him.
His dad had request “Strong” by London Grammar as the entrance track to the ceremony, please take a listen, thanks.

23 Likes

The Selecter - Too Much Pressure boxset.

In memory of Gaps; seems only fitting. :notes: :musical_note: :checkered_flag:

8 Likes

Robin Holcomb - Rockabye

One of the great unique voices in popular music. There is jazz, folk, Americana here and Bill Frisell on guitar.

4 Likes

Radiohead - In Rainbows - CD (2007)

21 Likes

Sticking with the Canterbury scene:For Girls Who Grow Plump In the Night(CD)

12 Likes

Billy Preston - That’s The Way God Planned It.

7 Likes

Tedeschi Trucks Band, Layla revisited. Live at Lockn’. :smiling_face:

12 Likes

61 years ago a local promoter booked an unknown British rock and roll band for a 3 week tour of Australia.

60 years ago The Beatles arrived in Adelaide where over 300,000 people (1/2 of Adelaide population) lined the streets from airport to their hotel. They were mobbed everywhere they went playing Adelaide Melbourne Sydney and Brisbane.

Had they not been booked when they were they may never had made it here. So big cheer to Kenn Brodziak for having the foresight. :+1:

PS I forgot to mention that I gigged school to watch the tour live on tv.

23 Likes

Talking Timbuktu- Ali Farka Toure with Ry Cooder.

21 Likes

Junior Brown_Guit With It - CD(1993)

Happy Birthday :birthday: Junior Brown 12/06/52

Junior Brown, country guitarist and singer. Brown’s signature instrument is the “guit-steel” double neck guitar, a hybrid of electric guitar and lap steel guitar. In 1996 he won the CMA Country Music Video of the Year for his video, “My Wife Thinks You’re Dead,” which featured 6-foot-7-inch Gwendolyn Gillingham.

5 Likes

Another departed legend.

13 Likes

My last for the day Bryan Ferry Let’s Stick Together

16 Likes

Very nice Garry
Remember our chat about me saying I struggled with Radiohead in the past
But House Of Cards on in Rainbows really touched me.Just such a lovely song
I am getting them so much more now listening to Kid A and Ok computer
Perseverance has payed off
A lot of great music I find is not always immediate and takes me lots of plays to get and like…so seeing your post of In Rainbows thought I would reply
As always Wishing you a good day mate
Cheers Ian

1 Like

Tal der Verwirrung EP - Various Artists

A lovely collection of Electronica tracks. Calming, relaxing and a great way to start the day!

2 Likes

I have only listened to a few of his other albums, must take some time at some point to explore the rest.

Rocking out to the classic Whitesnake line up before out the door to work :smile_cat:

Whitesnake - Live In The Heart Of The City

8 Likes