What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

The Dave Brubeck Quartet Jazz Impressions Of Japan / 2009 Columbia / Austria CD / 88697491952

Dave Brubeck Piano
Paul Desmond Alto Saxophone
Eugene Wright Bass
Joe Morello Drums

11 Likes

Giving it a play now :+1:

2 Likes

Morning young man, I still struggle with Pablo Honey, been trying for oh, just 30 years or so :rofl:
I’m not giving in yet though …

5 Likes

Skynyrd. Live in 1976. Extended 2xCD version.

Still one of the best live albums I have heard. They made it sound very spontaneous, and that they enjoyed playing.

11 Likes

Charlie Haden Private Collection No 1 / 1993 naim / Austria Promo CD / naimcd005

7 Likes

Chicane behind the sun / 2003 Xtravaganza / UK CD + DVD Box Set / XTRAV10CD

4 Likes

Osi and the Jupiter - Songs from the Grave. Some dark Americana after completing my ‘duties to do’ for the day.

1 Like

Pink Floyd - The Wall

Not my favourite PF album, but I’m checking out the version on Qobuz, which sounds rather good. I’m assuming this is from the 2011 remaster.

Edit: listening in digital form, means it rolls into side four naturally (no need to go and turn the record over). More often than not I don’t bother listening to side four, but it’s actually very good and now I wonder why I’ve been so reluctant to play it. I must play my vinyl copy.

26 Likes

James Harcourt - Regenerate

1 Like

Billie Eilish “Hit me Hard and Soft” . Excellent album, well balanced and great recording :notes:

11 Likes

Infected Mushroom- Never Ever Land - B.P.Empire

3 Likes

Pink Floyd - Ummagumma
On Record

22 Likes

CD turned up this morning ripped into the Core sounding rather nice.

2 Likes

I’m

25 Likes

Thank you Ian, As always same to you, hope you have had good day at work.

I have a confession to make, when Radiohead first came on the scene, I couldn’t understand what all the fuss was about, then I saw them live, been hooked ever since, that’s the great thing about music, it covers a wide spectrum, and while we might not like / appreciate certain styles, there’s something for everyone.

Gary

4 Likes

Pink Floyd – Wish You Were Here
CD rip | 1975

33 Likes

Kaiser Chiefs - Employment - CD (2005)

9 Likes

Listening to some old favourites this afternoon.
Joan Armatrading - Show Some Emotion.

17 Likes

Now playing…

Rag’N’Bone Man - Life By Misadventures

Rag’n’Bone Man (Vocals, Guitar), Mike Elizondo (Acoustic Bass Guitar, Synthesizer, Electric Guitar), Wendy Melvoin (Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Mandolin, Ukulele), Desri Ramus (Vocals), Sylvia Mwenze (Vocals), Daru Jones (Drums), Bill Banwell (Electric Guitar, Bass )Ben Jackson-Cook (Piano, Synthesizer), Peter Josef (Vocals) and Peter Gregson (Cellist).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… kicking off this Wednesday morning with an album from the Rag’N’Bone Man and he and the talented group of musicians working with him are sounding sublime! One fine album…

10 Likes

Gil Scott-Heron Winter in America. The personal and the political. Fab. RSD 2024 reissue in bizarre ‘smokers lung’ coloured vinyl.

13 Likes