What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

10cc - The Original Soundtrack

19 Likes

Now playing…

Michael Kiwanuka - Love & Hate

Michael Kiwanuka (Vocals, Electric Guitar, Lead Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Bass, Piano, Drums), Brian Burton (Bass, Percussion, Synth Pad, Piano, Organ), Graham Godfrey (Drums, Percussion, Hand Claps, Vocals, Tape Machine FX), Paul Butler (Percussion, Cello, Trumpet, Electric Guitar, Keys, Drum Machines, Vocals, Clavinet, Moog, Piano, Yamaha CS-80, Andy Parkin (Violin), Miles James (Electric Guitar), Pete Randall (Double Bass, Fender Bass VI, Vocals), Gary Plumley (Flute, Saxophone), James Bateman (Saxophone), Paul Boldeau (Vocals), Phebe Edwards (Vocals), LaDonna Harley-Peters (Vocals), Jenny Sacha (Violin), Gillon Cameron (Violin), Anna Croad (Violin), Sally Jackson (Violin), Patrick Kieman (Violin), Eleanor Mathieson (Violin), Kotono Sato (Violin), Debbie Widdup (Violin), Natalia Bonner (Violin), Kerenza Peacock (Violin), Emma Owens (Viola), Nzomi Cohen (Viola), Becky Jones (Viola), Rosie Danvers (Cello), Bryony James (Cello) and Richard Pryce (Double Bass).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… kicking off this Thursday morning with Michael with the talented group of musicians working with him and the music is sounding mighty sweet! …it has been awhile since Michael has been out for a spin.

19 Likes

Latest Michael Shrieve album, for those that like the old Santana albums…….

3 Likes

6 Likes

This is excellent. Thanks for posting, Andy.

1 Like

This a nice one as well.

Maybe needs a name like Ryan Adams

5 Likes

Hadn’t realised Joanne Shaw Taylor had released a new album. Heavy Soul came out on the 7th and I’m giving it a first play on Qobuz.
That’s another LP to get this month🤦🏻‍♂️

5 tracks in and really enjoying it.

6 Likes

Mike Oldfield - Ommadawn

Classic album from 1975. I love the guitar at the end of Part One.

25 Likes

Following Joanne Shaw Taylor’s latest with a bit of recent Larkin Poe and Blood Harmony from last November

10 Likes

5 Likes

The Paper Kites- At the Roadhouse. Excellent album from last year.

4 Likes

If you didn’t know this was what it is titled and I told you it was an unreleased rare Bowie album recorded during his time in Tin Machine. I bet you might just believe me.

His 17th album Robert Pollard - Mouseman Cloud

2 Likes

13 Likes

Robert Plant | The Ceaseless Roar | 2014
Our Percy does enjoy his music fused with that North African vibe (and various local musicians and bands there) as do I! Lovely stuff

17 Likes

Sounding very ethereal and relaxing
The Cocteau Twins - Victorialand

9 Likes

Deadmau5 - while (1<2)

5 Likes

Listened to Blackfield one earlier and felt in the mood for the sequel…

10 Likes

Bit of the 80’s before dinner.

21 Likes

Great intelligent Drum And Bass
Photek - Solaris

2 Likes

Mr Wonder. It’s between this and Inner Visions for me. Both brilliant.

23 Likes