What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Dion - 1989 - Yo Frankie - Label - Arista - OG Vinyl.

This Dion’s’s comeback to recording classic rock & roll songs produced by Dave Edmunds. After he had spent much of the 1980s recording Christian music.

7 Likes

Thought I’d better brush up ( while working, hence the Mac screenshot ) on some of the Alabama 3 later albums as I’m seeing them at the Subscription rooms at Stroud in September.

4 Likes

CD6 of the Clifford Jordan Mosaic set. A very good sounding CD version.

3 Likes

Paul Simon - There Goes Rhymin’ Simon

15 Likes

Dr Hook - Dr Hook - CD (1971)

Dennis Locorriere is 75 today, with American rock band Dr Hook who had the 1970s hits ‘The Cover of Rolling Stone’, ‘A Little Bit More’, ‘When You’re in Love with a Beautiful Woman’ and ‘Sylvia’s Mother’.

5 Likes

Dire Straits - Love Over Gold
To brighten up this miserable afternoon.

25 Likes

Thought I’d give this a try Andy👍🏼

1 Like

Roxy Music - Avalon

28 Likes

David Bowie - Aladdin Sane / 30th Anniversary Edition - CD (2003)

21 Likes

Didn’t realise they were playing Stroud, just booked - thanks for the heads up. Should be fun.

1 Like

You’ve caused me to change my training by posting that. I had a go at that this morning and got 1:17 KM, 650W peak, 386W average but higher cadence, so think I need to up the wind resistance to lower cadence and increase the power.

I did four other runs at it but unsurprisingly the first one was the best.

Given the thread I’m also going to have to find some intense 2min tunes, might start with the Prodigy tomorrow morning !

I’m not sure, I find it hard work listening to the whole set. It seems disjointed compared to The Wall. Also there is very little contribution from Gilmour, Mason and Wright.
An ok Waters solo effort.
I bought it on release, and just sold the vinyl in mint condition

813UYk5wQiL.AC_UY327_FMwebp_QL65
Joanne Shaw Taylor - Heavy Soul

7 Likes

With the south west having some miserable weather today, I thought some Clapton might cheer me up, and it has.

:slightly_smiling_face:

12 Likes

Gang Of Four – Solid Gold
vinyl|1981

5 Likes

Simply Red - Simplified

9 Likes

This album would be a million+ seller if Jack looked a bit weather worn in denim and had longer hair.

His last album had a track called ‘Early Zeppelin’ and this album has a track called ‘Mick and Keith’ both of which I have no clue what they are about.

Jack M. Senff - Low Spirit.

6 Likes

Rolling Stones - Let It Bleed
vinyl|2019

50th anniversary edition.

21 Likes

Fink - Bloom Innocent

Exploring some more of his output.

11 Likes

Mine too, Dave @dave-marshall.

4 Likes