What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Tinariwen - Amassakoul Ltd Edition

7 Likes

Free | Fire And Water | 1970
Probably no real reason needed as to why one plays any Free however, they were one of those very big bands in and around the 70s and are like a landmark in musical time with their sound and all that was going on in that period.

25 Likes

‘The Who Sell Out’ - The Who

Some real gems on this LP.

11 Likes

Some Marc Bolan to get the weekend started
Marc Bolan And T Rex - Greatest Hits

16 Likes

Gary Numan - Pure (clear vinyl Ltd edition)

10 Likes

Garry
Rorys death still makes me sad
Such an incredibly talented guitarist and an absolute lovely guy
The Stones wanted him and he flew out to Rotterdam but to jam with them .
Jagger wanted him but Keith was so wasted in his hotel suite and keith had the final say.
Rory went up to his room but Keith couldn’t be woken
As Rory had his own dates coming up in Japan shortly had to honour his commitment to them and flew back to Heathrow and then on to Tokyo.
Rory would have been constricted in the Stones with Richards and Ronnie Wood was perfect.
This is great Andy Kershaw talking about Rory and his first ever concert seeing him in 1973…he said his check shirt he calls his Rory Shirt
He just naiis it about Rory in 2 mins
R.I .P Rory Gallagher

10 Likes

S. M. V. Thunder / 2008 Dreyfus / France CD / FDM46050369212

Stanley Clarke, Marcus Miller and Victor Wooten.

5 Likes

Paul McCartney - Flowers in the Dirt. World Tour Pack Ltd. Edition. A fine sounding record

7 Likes

Groundhogs | Split | 1971
Transformative at the the time and it still is, Tony McPhee and the hogs going way out there.

17 Likes

The Decemberists - As It Ever Was, So It Will Be Again

A spectacular return to form. It’s almost (but not quite) like the prog years never happened. Without a doubt, this will be one of my favourites of 2024.

7 Likes

Hi Ian,

That’s a great summing up of Rory, and a classic Andy Kershaw clip, thanks for sharing, Rory has left a great back catalogue for us to enjoy, unfortunately I never got the chance to see live.
Agree with your comments re Andy Kershaw, miss him on the radio, hope he’s got his life sorted and he’s in a better place, can’t understand the Beeb at times, they get great presenters and then seem to have a lapse and want to turn everything Radio 1, if I want to listen to Radio 1, I’ll tune in to Radio 1…

Enjoy the rest of Friday night, getting ready to support Scotland :scotland:

Gary

3 Likes

‘The Gift’ – The Jam

Their last outing and it wasn’t their best (and the album cover is naff too). But it did contain some of their best tracks.

The track ‘Ghosts’ sounds absolutely super on my system – the bass is so powerful, punchy and resonant. Great song.

11 Likes

Just raw music….luv it

19 Likes

Thanks Garry
Totally concur with what you said about Rory and Andy kershaw
2 people I really respect
Yes enjoy the football tonight
And wishing you a good weekend…Enjoy :+1:

2 Likes

CD. This album does not get enough love. TPTB II is sublime.

8 Likes

Me too. I’ll be peeking through my fingers, not enjoying a single second of it.

2 Likes

Joining you Isca for some Jam
Wishing you a good relaxing weekend…argh you can’t beat Friday night if you have been working…Cheers Ian

The Jam - Sound Effects

9 Likes

Brilliant album Ian. Have that one on CD too (struggling to find a vinyl copy for some time). Gonna play that one now. Can’t beat that Friday feeling - have a great weekend!

2 Likes

Marcus Miller the ozell tapes live / 2002 3 Deuces / US CD x 2 / 3D02752

7 Likes

8 Likes