What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Fisherman’s Friends - One And All

1 Like

‘Let it Be’ - The Beatles

Dug out the boxset from a few years ago. Dunno what it is, but I don’t enjoy this album as much as I feel I should.

21 Likes

Completing Clapton tonight with this set of tunes from 24 Nights.

15 Likes

Because it’s largely cr@p? Four classics in Let It Be, Get Back, The Long And Winding Road, and Across The Universe. But the rest is sub-par filler.

Three piece guitar-less band.

This sounded great back in 1995 and is a joy to re-spin it’s full of verve.

IMG_9120

7 Likes

LP - Blue Note 2024 reissue : )

Bobby Hutcherson - Happenings

<<>>

Bobby Hutcherson - vibraphone, marimba, …drums on track 7
Herbie Hancock - piano, …box full of rocks on track 7
Bob Cranshaw - bass
Joe Chambers - drums, triangle, timpani, …marimba on track 7

Recorded at Van Gelder Studio, Englewood Cliffs, NJ on 8th February 1966

~ < < > > ~

15 Likes

4+1, as I do like ‘I Me Mine’

2 Likes

I really like Otto A. Totland’s music. He’s released three albums over the last few years, and his fourth is out today, and available to buy on Bandcamp.

It’s one of my favourite Beatles albums. I really like One After 909. I know it’s a song from their early days, but the version on the Let It Be album, taken from the rooftop performance, really rocks.

5 Likes

Simone’s 3rd album & her first live album. Stunning. Night & day difference to the brilliantly recorded female jazz artists played regularly at hifi shows to market kit - this is the real deal. Qobuz stream.

8 Likes

A Forum favourite in many parts, especially for fans of Dave Brubeck. Recorded in 1963, and while it plays very channel-separated (per the mic set-ups), the sound quality is very, very good. Highly recommended.

The Dave Brubeck Quartet at Carnegie Hall - on double-CD – yours for less than a tenner. Bargain.

23 Likes

Certainly the one I play the least, but hey, sub par Beatles is better than many bands at full tilt. And Get Back is just the dog’s.

3 Likes

Crop-Jontavious-Willis-West-Georgia-Blues
A few trax off this up and coming set due out mid August.

1 Like

Can’t beat a bit of Burt

9 Likes

Some uplifting U2 on CD :smile_cat:
U2 - The Unforgettable Fire

24 Likes

Bedtime Tunes:

The new release from Caligula’s Horse, Charcoal Grace, making its second appearance on our regular night time slot.

4 Likes

On headphones:

Bowie
Rock ‘n’ Roll Star
Parlophone 2024

Sounds :+1:t3:
Nice pressing.
The songs speak for themselves.

13 Likes

Yep, it’s a cracker.

B.L.T.
Charisma US pressing

Have to admit I originally bought this on the strength of Jack Bruce’s name (was & am a big fan of his solo albums), but Trower’s pretty good (!) and BLT are a very solid trio. Excellent.

9 Likes

Yeah, groovy baby! :upside_down_face:

7 Likes