What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Natalie Marchant - 2023 - Keep Your Courage - Label - Nonesuch - Double Vinyl.

This the eighth studio album by Natalie. She also was lead vocalist and primary lyricist with the band 10,000 Maniacs.

This is a beautiful album; if not a tad long. It is a brilliant cross between Americana / baroque pop.

13 Likes

I classify Natalie Merchant as a bit of a ‘guilty pleasure’ inbetween most of the heavy stuff I listen to. I shouldn’t, she’s an amazing musician and her voice is stellar. I particularly enjoy Ophelia as an album in both music and production. It’s fragility in lyrics comes through there. Intrigued by this one!

2 Likes

Lots of fans of Kacey Musgraves and Miranda Lambert on here so don’t despair! :grinning: :+1:

3 Likes

Zappa’s final album I believe, released posthumously & the final part of a Trilogy with We’re Only In It For The Money & Lumpy Gravy. One for fans of the synclavier and his ‘serious’ music. The CD packaging is sumptious, something download purchases will never match. Really well recorded, Zappa tends to be I think. Just a random choice today. Uniti Core.

6 Likes

Chet Baker Quartet - No Problem - 1989 - SteepleChase SCCD 31131

Recorded October 1979

7 Likes

@Boekster …Could not agree more.

I have been long time fan of Natalie’s since her days with the 1,000 Maniacs and find this album absolutely magical in both its lyrics and orchestration, particularly side one.

ATB Graham

1 Like

Finally had some time to put this on today, thanks for the reminder :slight_smile: it’s the album that got me in to Symphony X (very late, I know!) and still love it.

Going to see them in November too, looking forward to it and the new album!

1 Like

Recently released album by Maisha: The Zawose Queens.

1 Like

CD. Bit of a curates egg but some good tracks to be had.

11 Likes

Steve Winwood - Talking Back To The Night.

17 Likes

The White Stripes - The White Stripes - CD (1999)

Can this really be 25 years old

18 Likes

Ryan Adams - Star sign

6 Likes

After the food shop and cooking …time to finally kick back with coffee
As it was the anniversary of Rorys passing yesterday what better than to remember him

Rory Gallagher - Top Priority R.I.P Rory

18 Likes

Dire Straits

Love Over Gold (Vinyl)

Just connected up an old Technics Turntable (SL-DD33), last time I connected up this turntable I was only getting sound out of one speaker.

Today it is working fine, now listening to Love Over Gold album and it is sounding absolutely brilliant.

Edward

33 Likes

Ry Cooder - The Slide Area.

17 Likes

Sticking with Zappa for now. I believe Zappa tampered with Crusing With Ruben & The Jets over the years. This brings back the original (and best) 1968 mix (plus extras) and sounds terrific. Yet another lovely package. Love a bit of Doo Wop. Uniti Core.

4 Likes

Dire Straits & Mark Knopfler

The Best Of Dire Straits & Mark Knopfler - Private Investigations (Vinyl)

Sublime.

Edward

19 Likes

Thelonious Monk - Genius Of Modern Music Vol 01 - CD (1952)

13 Likes

Brand X - A band that Phil Collins used to play drums with in the late 1970’s when not on Genesis duties
Brand X - Unorthodox Behaviour

9 Likes

CD. Twenty six years old and still sounds fresh and modern. Fab production too.

6 Likes