What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

That’s the last Ultravox album I bought. I still really rate some of their earlier work, “Reel to Reel Cacophony” and “Empires and Dance”, less polished and more of a raw sound.

1 Like

I like Richter. The albums I have are beautiful. If I was being picky I’d say they’re perhaps a bit too similar. This soundtrack has some of that similarity but something extra I think. That includes, on 2 or 3 tracks, some of the loudest drums I’ve heard on record. Great stuff. Uniti Core.

5 Likes

The main reason Reel To Real Cacophony and Empires And Dance were better than other Ultravox albums is that they were by Simple Minds!

6 Likes
8 Likes

Talk talk ,spirit of eden.
Talk_Talk_-_Spirit_of_Eden_cover

21 Likes

‘Wish You Were Here’ - Pink Floyd

Saturday night with a glass of wine - not too shabby. I’ve had worse evenings.

30 Likes

He’d first have to deal with the Don Henley lawsuit. Guy has a team of people looking under every rock for “unauthorized use”, even for bar bands and people who teach songs in videos (which is actually permitted under “fair use”) - but he has more money and lawyers than his targets do…

Listened to this stunning new CD at my friends house this afternoon - it didn’t take long to decide I will be ordering my own copy!

Behn Gillece Vibes
Art Hirahara Piano
Boris Kozlov Bass
Rudy Royston Drums

Behn Gillece Stick Together

3 Likes

One of last years best sounding as good as ever. Uniti Core.

12 Likes

Hermans Hermits - Into Something Good

6 Likes

‘All Mod Cons’ - The Jam

Been listening to Woking’s finest at lot over the last week - superb.

10 Likes

Only album stolen from my parents before they ditched their albums decades ago and giving it a spin.

Can remember this album being played regularly , smultz done right, TV album Moments, great song line up.

Still sounds more decent than it has any right to.

3 Likes

7 Likes

Bedtime Tunes:

Love the cover of this album, as it makes me feel very at home. We have lived near Ely in Cambridgeshire almost all of our married life and have seen the cathedral from this angle many many times.
It’s a damn fine album too IMO😉

26 Likes

Epic indeed as you said.

1 Like

Solsbury Hill as an opener is still amazing to me!

12 Likes

Sounds pretty perfect to me

1 Like

Weren’t the two albums you name by Simple Minds rather than Ultravox?

Oops should have scrolled down a little before I posted the above. In fairness, I have had a beer!

1 Like