What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Alison Krauss, essential Alison Krauss. :smiling_face:

14 Likes

Wu-Lu via Qobuz

Taylor Swift, the tortured poets department. :smiling_face:

10 Likes

Finally a chance to have a listen to something, haven’t played this for a while Pink Floyd’s The Wall. Might even stick around for side 4.

30 Likes

Do that, Pete. I did the other day and was surprised how good it is.

4 Likes

I did, I still find it a bit tedious and overblown but enjoyable in a PF way. The production is outstanding.

6 Likes

I read @Clive 's comments about the Wall recently and seeing your comments about Side 4 you are not alone …have to say I have it on vinyl but havent played side 4 in decades…I suppose The Trail I just don’t get on with and find it hard llistening
Great album on Sides 1 @ 2 @3 though so seeing your comments chaps thought I would chip in

3 Likes

I agree but it worth a spin occasionally. Think it’s the same for most people certainly was when it was released.

1 Like

Pink Floyd - More

Just for a change. Some good, some not so good.

17 Likes

I see you have the remastered version Clive have you replaced alot of your Floyd with the Remastered versions and whats your impressions of them ?
I have got Animals and Obscured By Clouds and was very impressed with them.
Listening to Tom Mc Kinney at the moment on radio 3 and he is playing some really nice stuff.

2 Likes

I got bored with Tom this morning, so I’m streaming from the Core instead. I have WYWH, TDSOTM, The Final Cut and, most recently, Meddle of the 2011 remaster series on vinyl. I find they’re all an improvement on the originals, with greater clarity and depth to the sound. I have also recently acquired a copy of the Discovery box set to fill in some gaps on the Core.

2 Likes

Oh no finally someone has come out and said it.

They are all boring in my book - the music is fine and we get the “I’m looking at my producer”.

OK if the producer decides what they play - what exactly is a someone like Tom actually doing other than as you say being boring.

Let’s save a whole stack of money cut out the middle man and just let the producer spin the disc.

4 Likes

Going down really well. Just released on Qobuz.

3 Likes

What I meant was that I grew bored with the music he had chosen and I fancied a change. I have nothing against Tom McKinney, nor any of the other R3 presenters, although I do find Tom Service a bit dull.

2 Likes

Oops😳, I appear to have muddled up my Ultravoxes and my Simple Minds, thankyou.

1 Like

Starling Arrow- Cradle. The band consists of the members of Rising Appalachia along with Ayla Nereo, Tina Malia and Marya Stark.
Wonderful harmonies.

3 Likes

One of the first shows that introduced me to music outside the charts was Disco 2, on BBC2. No DJ, just film of the artist with an introductory caption. Remember very clearly being blown away by Joni, and my mother’s negative reaction!

2 Likes

Pretty Things - Silk Torpedo

Great:-
-Band
-Songs - Joey/Is It Only Love/Atlanta/Bridge of God
-Producer “Normal” Hurricane Smith
-Album Cover

4 Likes

Sarah Walker’s Radio 3 Sunday morning show

Her enthusiasm and education her perfect pronunciation of composers names and her stories are an absolute joy

4 Likes

Nice start of my Sunday morning

10 Likes