What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Oh, how can I have forgotten To The Bone :face_with_peeking_eye:
@Cmax is bang on with that being excellent @Tabbycat , but then I don’t think there is a bad album in any of his vast series of back catalogues…:man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Thanks very much for the recommendations …much appreciated chaps
Looking forward to giving them a listen …writen them down so no need to have loads of scrolling back trying to find them :smile_cat:

1 Like

6 Likes

EIVØR - ENN (Still). Streaming the album which was released on June 14th. Symphonic folk-metal. Sung in Faroese which is apparently related to Icelandic and dialects of West Norway.

5 Likes

Hi @QuickSticks, Agree, he’s got a great back catalogue :+1: I do own most of the albums he has remastered as well as the originals, won’t go there, as I know it’s a bit of a sore point for some members :grin:

2 Likes

Kraftwerk - Trans Europe Express - CD (2009)

26 Likes

Loving on CD - Robert Plants 2nd solo album
In The Mood is my favourite.
I saw him on that tour and he was great and had a great band
Robert Plant - The Principle Of Moments

21 Likes

Following @Tabbycat for my next one, playing Kate Bush - Ariel on CD (orignal not 2018 remaster)

18 Likes

The Staves – All Now
vinyl|2024

Just two of the sisters on this album.

5 Likes

A whole new listening experience with the bigger twenty5.23i. The room now completely charged. Totally enveloping.

G

18 Likes

Mipso – Book of Fools
vinyl|2023

Local area band. Bluegrass, Appalachian. Have enjoyed listening to them over the years.

3 Likes

Genesis - First album Genesis To Revelation but a reissue of it on Decca Records
Rock Roots - Genesis

3 Likes

Something chilled after 3hrs of cutting hedges
61HY-FNFKAL.AC_UY327_FMwebp_QL65

10 Likes

Some more of The Staves …

Dead & Born & Grown
vinyl|2012

6 Likes

Kraftwerk - Autobahn - CD (2009)

27 Likes

Now playing…

Billy Valentine And The Universal Truth

Billy Valentine (Vocals), Immanuel Wilkins (Tenor Saxophone), Joel Ross (Vibraphone), Linda May Han Oh (Bass), Amber Navran (Flute, Vocals), Claire Daly (Baritone Saxophone), Bob Thiele, Jr. (Marxophone, Fender Rhodes Electric Piano), John Philip Shenale (Clavinet), Bob Thiele, Jr. (Synthesizer), David Piltch (Bass), James Gadson (Drums), Owen Thiele (Vocals), Jana Miley (Vocals), Will Wheaton (Vocals), Jason Morales (Vocals), Bridgette Bryant (Vocals), Abe Rounds (Drums), Pino Palladino (Bass), Jeff Parker (Guitar), Larry Goldings (Piano, Fender Rhodes Electric Piano) and Alex Acuña (Percussion).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… a mention above by @twofifty had me place in the queue and now kicking off this Sunday morning with Billy and friends and they are sounding sublime! It has been a few months since Billy has been out for a spind and it is a very sweet album…

11 Likes

Areski and Brigitte Fontane - L’incendie

Recent purchase - very quirky french release from 1973 - the label has also released a Sun Ra, Daevid Allen and Gong albums…

5 Likes

Agreed. Very good listen.

1 Like

Good eh?
:+1:t3:

1 Like

I really like ‘the Raven’, not too progy, which is for old farts, I’m only 62! :rofl::wink:

1 Like