What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Oh and do not forget "The Raven That Refused to Sing " ! Luminol is one of my favorite . The 4 1/2 album is also a great complementary work to H.C.E :notes:

1 Like

Let me join the Steven Wilson party with @Cmax , @QuickSticks and @Tabbycat ! Luminol from "The Raven That Refused to Sing " . One of my favorite from SW . Great live .

8 Likes

Easing into the evening ahead.

G

14 Likes

Now Playing…

Wadada Leo Smith & Amina Claudine Myers - Central Park’s Mosaic of Reservoir, Lake, Paths and Gardens

Wadada Leo Smith (Trumpet) and Amina Claudine Myers (Piano, Hammond B3 Organ).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… taking this May 9th release out for a second spin and the music is sounding sublime! Returning home after some fasting blood work drawn this morning and enjoying a bowl of bananas and blueberries mixed into some rasberry yogurt. Some beautiful music and delicious breakfast is a lovely way to ease into the day!

5 Likes

As mentioned previously @Denisf, this track is a permanent fixture on my demo playlist. Truly fabulous!

3 Likes

It’s a great album, enjoy :+1:t2:

1 Like

Now Playing…

Emily Barker - Fragile as Humans

Emily Barker (Vocals, Acoustic Guitar), Luke Potashnick (Synths, Mellotron, Atmospherics), Lukas Drinkwater (Double Bass), Richard Causon (Hammond Organ, Piano), Rebekah Allan (Violin), Rachel Robson (Viola) and Laura Anstee (Cello).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on this mornig with Emily’s latest album released on May 2nd and she and the band are sounding mighty sweet!

9 Likes

Great album, and a really good first track, “ With Small We Start”

1 Like

Tiffany Williams - All Those Days of Drinking Dust

Self-released first full album from Williams. Already released 2 years but discovered only recently. Shame on me as I loved her first 5 track EP. This is in the same line. 10 songs mostly about her coalminers family as you could guess from the title. She has a lovely voice and writes beautiful songs. Highly recommended.

3 Likes

Welcome to the club :grin: As @QuickSticks and @Boekster have pointed out, he’s got a great back catalog, plus @Boekster as summed up his other side projects perfectly, ‘Blackfield & No-Man are well worth checking out, Bass Communion, are ambient, experimental, and often collaborations, ok but not everyone’s cup of tea.

2 Likes

Enjoying on 12 " Single and a live version of Maps And Legends on the B Side
R.E.M - The One I Love :heart:

12 Likes

Deadmau5 - Random Album Title

In preparation for the vinyl release later this month… pre order locked in :blush:

5 Likes

John Lee Hooker - The Ultimate Collection 1948-1990 - CD (1991)

16 Likes

Loving on Vinyl
Steel Pulse - Handsworth Revolution

10 Likes

Black Country Communion V

The there is nothing new here - a whole load of cliches.

But boy do they do it so well. Just magnificent.

6 Likes

Yep

2 Likes

The Pineapple Thief | Your Wilderness
More fine music from the the excellent Pineapple Thief.

12 Likes

Can’t believe this album hasn’t been posted in this thread yet - astonishing.

11 Likes

A bit of the blues master

Joe Bonamassa - Time Clocks

5 Likes

Must admit I’m surprised it hasn’t either.

Wonderful album.

1 Like