What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

I did own a copy of IEM’s, Have Come For Your Children, I don’t own it now, it’s what I would sound like let loose in a recording studio, not good… :grin:

FWIW I’m not that keen on your neighbours either - turn it up a bit more! :joy:

1 Like

Yazoo - Upstairs At Eric’s - CD (1982)

18 Likes

I am with you Clive at work at the moment so listening on YouTube
About 15 mins in and my first listen to some Steve Wilson
Sounds great a really enjoyable listen
Definitely will be listening to the recommendations that you guys kindly gave me

12 Likes

After a forced interlude I’m back, with Rush - Counterparts on Gold Vinyl.

8 Likes

Couldn’t decide on which of his classic albums to play, so this will do nicely

515z9+4ZeoL.AC
Stevie Wonder - The Definitive Collection, one plus here is that he finally relented and trimmed “Isn’t She Lovely” into a sensible edit. Decent song, but seemed to go on forever in it’s original form.

16 Likes

Hi @Blacknote

Jeff did say there will be one track released in July, then the full recording in August.

By ‘Old School’, I mean JL’s playing and keyboard choice will be reminiscent of his early stuff.

2 Likes

…and the Rush continues with the Remixed Vapor Trails on vinyl still😊

7 Likes

Blessed today: some me-time.

Damon Locks Black Monument Ensemble
Where Future Unfolds
Int’l Anthem Recording Co

Live recording of the spoken word/song/dance performance in Chicago November 2018.

Great record.

5 Likes

Now Playing…

Tangerine Dream - Recurring Dreams

Thorsten Quaeschning (Synthesizer, Piano, Mellotron), Ulrich Schnauss (Synthesizer, E-Mu E4 Sampler, Yamaha CP80 Electric Piano) and Hoshiko Yamane (Violin).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/44)… returning home after coffee with friends and kicking off this morning with this January 2020 release from Tangering Dream and the music is easing me into the day while enjoying a bowl of banana, blueberries and yogurt! Life is Sweet and so is the music…

12 Likes

Funny, I heard your neighbour, just like me, is a massive SW fan. Knock knock…:sunglasses:

8 Likes

“I live in the flat next door…”?

Pretty sure that’s how those SW lyrics start. Will leave it to you to Google the rest, not really SFW :wink:

On CD.

1 Like

Soul Folk in Action - The Staple Singers

Soul, Folk, Gospel and Protest with production by Steve Cropper.

13 Likes

Infected Mushroom - Vicious Delicious

Becoming Insane is certainly a high octane start for another great IM album.

3 Likes

The Cimarons ‘Maka’ after reading article in The Guardian.
th-3891679564

6 Likes

Hi @GeoffC, thank you for the explanation. Unluckily I don’t have his early albums so I’m pretty curious about his upcoming work.

1 Like

Bought this when it was 1st released in 1976 and playing all 6 sides to celebrate Sir Paul’s birthday

15 Likes

The Raconteurs - Help Us Stranger - CD (2019)

Having just seen a great game of football, giving this an outing, before the game later

8 Likes

The Alan Parsons Project | The Best Of | 1983
Because it’s a nice way to quickly review some of his better stuff and this one is nicely recorded and re-presented in hi-res

11 Likes