What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

The Beatles - Please Please Me, the '09 remaster in stereo.

20 Likes

Nick Drake - Five Leaves Left
Record

28 Likes

Little Village. Vinyl. 1992. A prompt from yesterday, thank you. I think I read that they split up after arguing over the split of money, mainly driven by Lowe. Shame because they were really good.

“The band, a super-group comprising Ry Cooder, John Hiatt, Nick Lowe and Jim Keltner, released the album, went on a tour of the US and Europe to support it, and disbanded the year of its release.” WIKI.

10 Likes

Wow, that’s a story, pretty cool to hear and thanks a lot for sharing such news, I really appreciate that.

I can’t wait to hear his new album, luckily it won’t be too long. Meanwhile I hope Jeff will share a few tracks to the public before releasing the full album. Fingers crossed!

What do you mean by “old school” style JLF? I think I have his last 6-7 albums (the oldest is “Now is the time”), I wonder if that style can be related to them or not.

3 Likes

Enjoying yesterday’s charity shop booty.

22 Likes

Jimi Hendrix - Valleys Of Neptune.

20 Likes

Joni Mitchell - Ladies Of The Canyon
Record

20 Likes

Not a great Tangs fan, so sold my 3 or 4 ‘trying out’ albums of theirs recently…

After a while I realised I was missing hearing this (to my surprise), so bought a(nother) first press. To keep this time :crazy_face:

Tangerine Dream
Rubycon
Virgin
UK first.

Another Phaedra on the way too!
Tsk…

24 Likes

Steven Wilson - The Raven That Refused to Sing and other stories

With the recent discussion about Steven Wilson solo albums I knew I’d have to play this sooner or later. This, along with Hand.Cannot.Erase and, to a lesser extent, 4 1/2, are all exemplary contemporary progressive classics. All feature the über-talented Guthrie Govan on guitar; Guthrie is probably the finest rock player out there IMO.

I love this album so much I’ve just ordered a double vinyl copy. I hope it’s better now it’s no longer on K- Scope.

13 Likes

Following TD with a Master. Only fitting.

Ligeti
Doppelkonzert etc
Sinfonieorchester des Schwedischen Rundfunks
Wergo

4 Likes

Kraftwerk - Tour De France (2009 Digital Remaster)

Less than two weeks till it kicks off again :grinning:

22 Likes

Never really explored Steven Wilson’s stuff - tried a few tracks here and there without much reaction - but this is maybe my way in. Had to move from the Nova to the 200 system halfway through Luminol (my neighbours hate you now). Wonderful guitar.

5 Likes

Elton John - Rock Of The Westies, not their best batch of songs by any means, but the musicianship on display is superb and well recorded.

11 Likes

John Martyn - Solid Air
Record

21 Likes

Creedence Clearwater Revival - 1968 - Creedence Clearwater Revival - Label - Liberty / Fantasy Records - OG Vinyl.

CCR debut studio album featuring the bands first hit single “Susie Q “ in the USA.

20 Likes

26 Likes

The Yes Album
Record

28 Likes

Alison Moyet - Alf - CD (1984)

Happy Birthday :birthday: Alison Moyet - 63 today 18/06/61

English singer, songwriter Alison Moyet, who with Yazoo had the 1982 UK No.2 single ‘Only You’ and solo hits in 1985 with the UK No.2 single ‘That Ole Devil Called Love’.

24 Likes

I think she has a fantastic voice imo. Probably should seek out more of her music. :+1:

2 Likes

Steve Winwood - About Time.

11 Likes