What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Now Playing…

Aoife O’Donovan - The Apathy Sessions

Aoife O’Donovan (Fender Rhodes, Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Piano, Vocals), Allison Russell (Vocals), Chris Bruce (Electric Guitar), David Piltch (Bass), Floriane Blancke (Celtic Harp), Jay Bellerose (Drums), Levon Henry (Reeds), Madison Cunningham (Electric Guitar, Vocals), Patrick Warren (Piano, Strings, Wurlitzer) and Tim O’Brien (Mandola).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… after a lovely sleep in this morning I am sitting down with a bowl of strawberries, blueberries, bananas and rasberry yogurt and kicking off the day with this beautiful album from Aoife and she and her assembled group of musicians are sounding sublime!

7 Likes

2LP set on Prestige of important early Gillespie 78s.

8 Likes

Modest Mouse – This Is A Long Drive For Someone With Nothing To Think About
2xLP|1996

2014 reissue. Indie rock. Haven’t listened to in a long while.

2 Likes

‘Synchronicity’ - The Police

Friday night, longest day, glass of rioja - cheers all.

21 Likes

Kraftwerk - Tour de France

First play of the blue and red vinyl LP

25 Likes

The Lightning Seeds - Cloudcukooland - CD (1989)

Having spent the afternoon catching up on the Post Office Scandal, this seems rather appropriate.

6 Likes

Haven’t played it in years and thoroughly enjoying it
Friday night and time to relax and joining you @Isca_Dumnoniorum for a fine glass of wine :wine_glass: or two …probably the latter :rofl:

Tubeway Army - Replicas

16 Likes

Great choice Ian.

Will likely revert to some new wave-electronica later (if that is how one classifies Mr Webb accurately).

3 Likes

£2! Bargain!

3 Likes

Wife’s out so what other way is there to kick off a Friday evening

AC/DC - Let There Be Rock

This was the third release (1977) from the Aussie rockers and the one where they found their mojo, 8 tracks of utter rock brilliance

18 Likes

I saw him on the our friend’s electric tour at Brighton Dome as a young 15 year old.
The sound was superb especially the bass from the P.A he had complimented the synthesiser sound perfectly
The lighting with banks of strip lights on the stage was so different to the usual overhead lighting of most bands
The support band were rather good …O.M.D …no less
Wishing you a relaxing weekend and the music
Cheers Ian

4 Likes

No doubt you snaffled a ticket for £2. OMD weren’t too shabby either. Good times!

2 Likes

Well it would be daft not to

AC/DC - Highway To Hell

Probably the bands finest release although Back In Black runs it close and sadly the last record that Bon Scott ever made

18 Likes

Deadmau5 - 4x4=12

First play of the green vinyl LP

8 Likes

Barb Jungr | Wichita Lineman | 2009
One of my favourites songs when Glen Cambell recorded it originally, here Barb does it huge justice. Just a single to start this evening but I do like to play this every so often, she has one of those crystal clear yet soulful voices and this was beautifully recorded, so it sounds wonderful.

6 Likes

‘The Pleasure Principle’ - Gary Numan

Debut solo album.

15 Likes

On vinyl: Little Feat - Feats Don’t Fail Me Now, whilst enjoying a bottle of St Austell Mena Dhu stout.

19 Likes

A shout out for Cedric Sharpley’s drums on this album. Love the combination of synths and analogue instruments on this LP, and around this era generally.

3 Likes

Some more Clapton. 1989.

" Journeyman is the eleventh solo studio album by Eric Clapton. Heralded as a return to form for Clapton, who had struggled with alcohol addiction and recently found sobriety… Clapton has said Journeyman is one of his favourite albums." WIKI.

17 Likes

Beth Hart | War In My Mind | 2019
Another fine album from her, exploring/trying to explain her unfortunate bi-polar challenges. This is a wonderful piece of music that also tries to incorporates her feelings to the loss of her sister to suicide.

12 Likes