What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

On with more 1980 's Synth pop
Love the mood of the cover
Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark - Organisation

13 Likes

£2.99!

Now that’s what I call inflation!

LP - Reprise 2021 : )

Neil Young Crazy Horse - Barn

<< >>

Neil Young - vocals, guitar, piano, harmonica.
Nils Lofgren - backing vocals, guitar, piano, accordian
Billy Talbot - backing vocals, bass
Ralph Molina - backing vocals, drums

Recorded at Studio in the Clouds, Rocky Mountains, Colorado 2020/2021
Album released on 10th December 2021

~ < < :horse: > > ~

Happy Birthday Nils Lofgren! :birthday: :partying_face:

born on 21st June 1951 in Chicago, Illinois :us:

17 Likes

8 Likes

Eric Clapton - MTV Unplugged - CD (1992)

Joining @Collywobbles with a listen to Eric :+1:

21 Likes

‘Norwegian Wood’ sounding magnificent on the Giles’ remastered LP this evening.

18 Likes

Paradise is there, Natalie Merchant. Arrived this week… a must have if you were a 10,000 maniacs fan or like Merchant’s solo work

15 Likes

While I freely admit to not being a vinyl fan, seeing photographs from yourself and @A-Fin showcasing your Rega P10 & P8, I could be tempted back into the fold…do you have a cover, when not in use?

2 Likes

In my tribe, 10,000 maniacs… i just couldn’t resist after my previous album posted!

15 Likes

Both great choices :+1:t2:

Go for it, you won’t be disappointed!

2 Likes

J.J.Cale | Really | 1972
Beacause I love his music to bits and this is yet another very fine album. RIP The Breeze.

15 Likes

Sounding fabulous on CD
Definitely in my top 3 R.E.M albums so many great songs

R.E.M - Lifes Rich Pagaent

12 Likes

Hi @Cmax - the Rega P10 is supplied with a cover but a) its ugly and impactable and b) I spin LPs most days so there is no need.

Some record players look elegant with covers. I wouldn’t know where mine is to be honest.

2 Likes

Cooking with gas Ian.

Always loved ‘These Days’ among other tracks on that LP.

1 Like

Thanks @Isca_Dumnoniorum for the prompt reply, I have seen pictures of the cover and agree with your assessment, The Rega decks do look rather elegant to me, I think a visit to my local Rega dealer is on the cards.

2 Likes

I love the urgency of Begin The Begin and These days then the total contrast of Fall on Me.Cuyhoga is fabulous especially Mike Mills backing vocals.Flowers Of Guatemala is also stunning especially the chorus.
I saw them at Hammersmith Odean in 1987 on the Lifes Rich Pagaent tour their only UK date and they were stunning.
Superb sound and Peter Bucks chimming rickenbacker really blew the roof off.
Fantastic concert and memory

3 Likes

Don’t neglect the second-hand market, Cmax - I picked up my P3, old but hardly used and with the titanium weight which was originally fitted as standard but is now an expensive upgrade, for under £400. With a new cartridge fitted, it sounds wonderful.

4 Likes

As @Isca_Dumnoniorum says, they come with a fairly basic cover and depending on decor, may or may not suit. I’m ok with mine… it sort of fits in with the rest of my gear without looking odd :grinning:

2 Likes

Don’t forget the Vertere DG-1, another distinct looking deck, but a good comparator to the Regas, if nothing else - all fab options!

2 Likes