What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Canned Heat some rips of Live and unreleased studio trax acetates.

9 Likes

2 Likes

A track off the up and coming Red Clay Strays album due out 26th July

3 Likes
2 Likes

Sounds right up my street Ian!
Something soothing after three days of savagery at Das Euros :soccer: :england:
Will post some ambient up when the time is right.
Oh dear …

1 Like

Hey Andy
My Vinyl copy still had not arrived this morning so I started listening to it on Qobuz.
Quality was lovely and was really enjoying the box set release.
Got through all of Hejira and halfway through Don Juan’s Reckless Daughter when the postie arrived.
Now listening to Hejira on Vinyl and though not a ‘vast’ difference, the vinyl experience is definitely superior.
Really enjoying this beautiful music😊

3 Likes

Just picked this one up today and will listen over the w/end.

1 Like

Robin Trowers 50th Anniversary Edition of Bridge Of Sighs
Listened to the never released bonus disc of Live at the Record Plant 1974

15 Likes

2 x LP - Reprise 2012 : )

Neil Young with Crazy Horse - Americana

<<>>

Neil Young – vocals, guitar
Crazy Horse:
Billy Talbot – bass, vocals
Ralph Molina – drums, vocals
Frank “Poncho” Sampedro – guitar, vocals
Additional personnel:
Dan Greco – orchestral cymbals, tambourine
Pegi Young – vocals on “This Land is Your Land”
Stephen Stills – vocals on “This Land is Your Land”
and with:
Americana Choir – vocals

Recorded in 2011, album released 5th June 2012

<>

Happy Birthday Ralph Molina! :birthday: :partying_face:

Puerto Rico Born-American born on 22nd June 1943 :puerto_rico: :us:

15 Likes

A great recording.

G

18 Likes

Currently enjoying a bit of Nick Cave live on a lazy Saturday afternoon

14 Likes

Sounding anything but Dire.

G

24 Likes

Thanks Ian for your post, it sums up my feelings regarding vinyl and turntables very well, once CD was introduced I couldn’t wait to get rid of mine, and as much as I love the sound and looks of the PT, I didn’t miss the faffing about of using it, handling vinyl etc, etc, well long story short the vinyl was sold off, but for some strange reason the PT wasn’t, the arm and cartridge went to my mates and the Linn Basic was fitted so at least it looked like a TT.
I am going to give this some serious thought, both you and @Rigsby21 idea of going S/H to dip my toes in the water is sound advice, thanks guys.

Gary

9 Likes

Mark Knopfler / Chet Atkins - Neck And Neck - CD (1990)

16 Likes

Now playing…

Wayne Horvitz - Some places are forever afternoon.

Wayne Horvitz (piano, Hammond B3, electronics), Ron Miles (cornet), Peggy Lee (cello), Sara Schoenbeck (bassoon), Timothy Young (guitar), Keith Lowe (bass) and Eric Eagle (drums).

Streaming on NAS… kicking off this Saturday morning with Wayne with his talented group of musicians. Wayne wrote 11 compositions based on the Northwest Poet Richard Hugo, I have a number of Wayne’s albums and enjoy his music. This is one fine album!

The album also contains a 28 page booklet with the poems and regional photographs. The poems can also be found in Richard Hugo’s book.

3 Likes

Possibly my favourite Dead. Then again there are sooooo many to chose from.

G

8 Likes

An old officially recorded Tragically Hip show which might see the light of day as part of a Deluxe album package in the future. You never know.

3 Likes

In spite of the condition world lives in this corner of the world is a peaceful summer evening…

12 Likes

Long may it remain so, @krautnaimie. Enjoy your weekend.

4 Likes

I downloaded the Hi Res 192khz versions which are very good indeed a much fuller sound.

Interesting that the Hi Res version of Shadows & Light restores a couple of tracks that were not included on the CD version but the DVD of the concert also includes two more tracks that are not included on the vinyl or Hi Res version. One being Jaco’s solo. We get Pat’s solo and Don’s solo but to the leave off Jaco’s solo - what were they thinking.

3 Likes