What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Summer of Love playlist on Qobuz

I’m really enjoying these tracks.

10 Likes

5 Likes

Chick Corea Elektric Band Eye Of The Beholder / 1988 GRP / US CD / GRD9564

5 Likes

1 Like

After a 20 mile bike ride and shower and sunday roast in the oven now time for coffee and some music
Genesis - Seconds Out ( 180 g Remaster at Abbey Road )

22 Likes

Biffy Clyro - Only Revolutions - CD (2009)

As it’s Scotlands :scotland: final group game tonight, the rest of my music selections today will be from north of the border :scotland:

Come On Scotland :scotland: !!

7 Likes

JJ Cale. Debut album. 1971. CD. Lovely songs.

After Midnight was released by Cale as the B-side of an unsuccessful single in 1966.
" Cale, who was languishing in obscurity at the time, had no knowledge of Clapton’s recording of “After Midnight” until it became a radio hit in 1970. Cale recalled to Mojo magazine that when he heard Clapton’s version playing on his radio, “I was dirt poor, not making enough to eat and I wasn’t a young man. I was in my thirties, so I was very happy. It was nice to make some money.” Cale’s friend and producer, Audie Ashworth, encouraged Cale to record a full album in order to capitalize on the success of his song." WIKI.

21 Likes

Moby " Always Centered at Night " with different vocalists

9 Likes

Lovely album Collywobbles and like all his albums you know exactly what your going to get.I think he never did a song longer than 4 mins …he probably did
I just love that lazy way his songs sound like he wasn’t trying to hard and they all have great lyrics.The biggest song was Cocaine which his dear friend Eric Clapton covered…his royalties from that beauty must have been nice.
The Road To Escidido is a favourite of mine between the old friends.

2 Likes

Jason Isbell’s Georgia tribute.

8 Likes

I suspect he earnt more from others covering his songs than from his own sales. Clapton, Skynyrd, John Mayer etc.
But his own albums sound effortless and chilled…

4 Likes

Sounding fabulous with a very nice bottle of red wine :wine_glass:
A compilation album of American Cajun music
Cajun Crusin Volume 1

3 Likes

Snow Patrol - Eyes Open - CD (2006)

9 Likes

Having bought a previous Tubby Hayes on the MoleJazz label I couldn’t resist this one. The record fair at NW Audio Show was a great addition. Bought this from the nice bloke who owns Five Rise Records in Bingley - nice shop. £5 in excellent condition. Really made my day. The beauty of vinyl - searching, buying, playing. Just great fun.

8 Likes

Before preparing a bit on what I like to see at North Sea Jazz Festival in a couple of weeks…

2 Likes

Now listening

9 Likes

He was also championed by Alexis Korner on his radio show. A much missed show as is JJ.

2 Likes

Now Playing…

Lizz Wright - Shadow

Lizz Wright (Vocals), Angelique Kidjo (Vocals), Meshell Ndegeocello (Bass), Brandee Younger (Harp), Trina Basu (Violin), Arun Ramamurthy (Violin) and Chicago-based String players.

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… a mention above from @BertBird that I have not had Lizz’s latest release out for a spin since April. So kicking off this Sunday morning with a bowl of banana, blueberries and yogurt toped by freshly picked Rasberries from the garden with the beautiful voice and music from Lizz… and she and her talented group of musicians working with her are sounding sublime! One beautiful voice…

10 Likes

4 Likes

M People - One Night In Heaven: The Very Best Of

4 Likes