What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

13 Likes

Chris Isaak - Forever Blue - CD (1995)

Happy Birthday :birthday: Chris Isaak 26/06/56

American rock musician and occasional actor Chris Isaak, who scored the 1990 UK No.10 & 1991 US No.6 single ‘Wicked Game’. Film director David Lynch, has used his music in numerous films and gave him a large role in the film Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me.

8 Likes

Very nice Garry
Seeing your Chris Issak post I have Wicked Game on 12 " single and the sound quality is absolutely stunning so seeing your post thought I would add…not listening to it I might add …in bed listening to Radio 3
Hope you’re week is coming on nicely and you’re not getting to hot
Cheers Ian

6 Likes

Cheers Ian, I’m just about to set off for work, very overcast at the moment, at least after today, we are halfway though the week, have a good day mate.

Gary

1 Like

The Eberle Quartet Gates + Bridge + Barber / 1997 naim / Austria CD / naimcd019

4 Likes

Corrosion of Conformity - In the Arms of God (2023 re-issue)

An old favorite of mine (has it really nearly been 20 years?) and the last CoC album to feature vocalist Pepper Keenan until his return in 2018, In the Arms of God alongside Deliverance offers the band at their chuggy, doomy and grooviest best. The Black Sabbath worship is strong on this one albeit filtered through Harley Davidson motor grease and whiskey, with Keenan at times sounding like Ozzy’s long-lost twin, at least on the high notes (and James Hetfield on the low ones). The songs are catchy, heavy and replete with enough variety to make the journey a rewarding one, with the bluesy “World on Fire” being the highlight. If you like your doom on the southern-fried, up-tempo side of things then look no further.

Recording-wise Deliverance was always a warm winter jumper of an album, swaddling the listener in glowing amber and this pressing retains that aspect of the CD but better cross the board. A worthy upgrade.

2 Likes

An oldie but goldie from 1969.

2 Likes

Oasis -Live at the Cabaret Metro Club, Chicago. Need something to wake me up this morning.

2 Likes

Lovely album just a pity F J only made one record.

If you’re just going to make one it better be good and this one is very good.

Enough of the Oasis set which is one of their best albums so on to another 1969 album which is more mellow.

1 Like

Enchanting and relaxing Vivaldi before leaving for work on this hot summers day
Vivaldi - Concerto for two horns and strings and guitar and strings

9 Likes

Monty Alexander, Ray Brown, Herb Ellis, John Frigo Triple Scoop / 2002 Concord / UK CD x 2 / CCD221222

3 LPs Triple Treat 1, 2 + 3 on a double CD

Monty Alexander Piano
Ray Brown Bass
Herb Ellis Guitar
Guest John Frigo Violin

2 Likes

Another one of those albums I haven’t played in years.

6 Likes

2 Likes

OMD - Dazzle Ships - 1983

Not sure why I’ve always thought this a work of genius? Listening to it 40 years on I’m still as confused as I was as a teenager. Communist radio samples, sad synth songs, but just wonderful when you are in the mood.

8 Likes

On CD:-

Rod Stewart - Never A Dull Moment from this set

13 Likes

Reverse image. That’s better.

5 Likes

5 Likes

Eden Brent - Getaway Blues

4 Likes

John Oates - Reunion

4 Likes