What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Joining you Andy for some Julian Cope on 12 "
Loved your post on Glastonbury…I am making a point this year of not watching a minute
Add Robyn Hitchcock as well with great British eccentrics
Julian Cope - Charlotte Anne

4 Likes

Marta Sebestyen , esti csendben - Altatodalok. Awesome Hungarian folk songs and music. Thank you. :blush:

4 Likes

Now I feel the urge to listen to The Partridge Family

1 Like

PJ Harvey

14 Likes

Françoise Hardy, message personnel. :smiling_face:

5 Likes

Also own

More excellent Marta.

4 Likes

Haven’t listened to this for years but inspired to pull it out of the rack by your post - thx! I like the way he sings in an English accent - so rare in rock music

1 Like

On iPlayer…

1 Like

London Philharmonic Orchestra, Spatial Audio - the 3D classical collection. Don’t have time to sit through 3 hours in one go but making a start. :smiling_face:

3 Likes

Not even a dozen of her albums are available on Qobuz or Tidal. Will go through them. Thank you and have a great weekend!

1 Like

Cold Chisel East, currently back together for their 50 anniversary year tour to sold out crowds. Still one of the best live pub bands to merge in 70/80s.

4 Likes

Colin Hays excellent Fierce Mercy

7 Likes

Roger Waters Dark Side of the Moon Redux

18 Likes

Lou Reed Street Hassle.

10 Likes

Al Jarreau Breakin’ Away / 2014 Warner / Japan CD / WPCR28095

Inspired by @Cmax to start Sunday with this CD.

7 Likes

Has the great Marty Fogel on this album.

Marty Fogel - Many Heads Bobbing, At Last…

David Torn on guitar who worked with David Sylvian and David Bowie.

Michael Shrieve on drums (Santana) note to @Gazza

6 Likes

Love the title track.

1 Like

Casiopea Photographs / 2002 Village / Japan CD / VRCL2229

3 Likes

1st run

6 Likes

Last night, listened to Steely Dan “Can’t Buy A Thrill” (1972), which was brilliant. What a great album, for any age.

Anyway, set me off on an early 70’s journey…
This morning - Sunday listening - playing The Doors “LA Women”, ( 1971 ).

Found the 50th anniversary edition (2021) on Qobuz, which is 192Khz / 24 bit and crystal clear. (Saying that, as more familiar with our original mid 70’s vinyl copy).

“Riders on the Storm” - for a long time a favourite in our house - is made into a 18 minute track, which includes out takes and other clips from the original studio session. When the original is so familiar - an old favourite - It’s fascinating to hear the different experiments and versions and inflections. Nice :+1:

Actually, thought the whole album was a bit of a treat.
Wish all remastered work was this good.

Happy Sunday listening
R

28 Likes