What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

Krystian Zimerman - Chopin: Piano Concertos - Polish Festival Orchestra - Recorded 1999

17 CD box set - Deutsche Grammophon - 2009 - 2894778445

Whilst listening to this first disc I’m realising the concertos are a first listen for me. Sounding lovely so far. Wonderful playing and recording.

8 Likes

Supertramp - Crime Of The Century - CD (1974)

31 Likes

Lyle Mays Street Dreams / 1998 Warner Bros / US CD / 24 BIT Edition / 9472492

6 Likes

First time listening to this album, wonderful.

2 Likes

Lots of layers here.
The song Sad Olup Gulmedim is at least part influenced by a very recognisable Indian Raag- Bhairav. Doff hat to the songwriters.

1 Like

22 Likes

Elton John - Caribou - CD (1974)

11 Likes

Great set at Glastonbury by Jungle. Sounding great through my new 333/332 combo.

4 Likes

LP - music on vinyl 2012 reissue : )

Stanley Clarke - School Days

<< >>

Happy Birthday Stanley Clarke! :partying_face: :birthday:

born on 30th June 1951 in Philadelphia, 1951 :us:

20 Likes

John Scofield Loud Jazz / 1988 Gramavision / Germany CD / 1888012

John Scofield Guitar
George Duke, Robert Aries Keyboards
Gary Grainger Bass
Don Alias Percussion
Dennis Chambers Drums

6 Likes

Fairport Convention - Live
50 years ago tonight they played a blinder at the Croydon Greyhound, the only time I saw the great Mrs Lucas sing, what a voice.

12 Likes

1 Like

4 Likes

Very relaxing Mozart
Seranade in D Major K250 for Solo Violin 2 Flutes 2 Oboes 2 Bassons 2 Horns and Strings

9 Likes

Crosby Stills Nash & Young - So Far - CD (1974)

13 Likes

After last night’s stellar show at the Albert Hall by Nick and his Saucers, it would be rude not to give this a spin…

22 Likes

Such a metal head you are - lol!

1 Like

Great CD, UK singles prior to the rock and roll era… ie the jitterbug jive era, Wynonie Harris is a favourite of mine.
Clearly this is super commercial pop music of the time, but great to listen to… it can be great to listen to the chronology of genres.

3 Likes

John Zorn’s Naked City, one of those uncategorisable albums that’s challenging at first, but eventually immensely rewarding.

8 Likes

Streaming on my Qb.

7 Likes