What are you listening to in 2024 and why might anyone be interested?

24 Likes

Always enjoy some Steve Hillage his forth studio album from 1978
Steve Hillage - Green

14 Likes

Mahavishnu - 1984

6 Likes

The Beatles - Abbey Road - CD (1969)

28 Likes

Lovely, soothing album from Sprout. Uniti Core.

8 Likes

Back in the day this was to be the Prefab’s third album in 1985 following Steve McQueen - it had a release date and artwork. Then nothing…

Jeff from 1977 :+1:

13 Likes

Elton John - Too Low For Zero

10 Likes

Don Byron - Tuskegee Experiments

Bill Frisell festures in guitar.

IMG_9164

4 Likes

Going for another run of Caligula’s Horse - Charcoal Grace

The idea is twofold:The album is still absolutely stellar and I love it to bits. The other is, it seems to make my CD transport skip at some point and and I want to see if I can replicate it somehow. Generally at the end, so first, at least 45 minutes of enjoyment :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Faust / Faust IV on CD. I picked this up at a car boot fair in Sunday. It was in a box of easy listening CDs. Expensive for a boot fair but I couldn’t resist.

10 Likes

What…

Halestorm - Live At Wembley

Live at Wembley was recorded at London’s Wembley Arena on 9 December 2023 and was a surprise release together with a full concert video in May 2024.

Formed by 10 year old brother and sister Arejay (drums) and 13 year old Lzzy (vocals and guitar) in 1997 and have had a steady lineup since Joe Hottinger (guitar) and Josh Smith (bass) joined in 2003 and 2004 respectively.

Described by one reviewer as “not just a happy memory for those present, this is the band at their ferocious best plying a career spanning selection that shows their range.”
For me the big vocal workout to open the show could possibly be included in the “awesome Youtubel thread.

Why…
fancied something raw and visceral

5 Likes

Langley Park is more Steve McQueen than Protest Songs is so I can see why release was delayed.

1 Like

Very nice and enjoyable album IMO.

1 Like

The Next Movement - The Next Movement

2 Likes

Procession. Qobuz.

8 Likes

Dare I say it for the umpteenth time, one struggles to beat a bit of Boards … :rofl:

11 Likes

Great new ambient release from Bartoz Kruczynski…

Deliciously crisp synths and ethereal soundscapes abound

4 Likes

Bedtime Tunes:

Tonight we have a recommendation from @SimonDC
The Century of the Self by Airbag from Argentina, so Wiki tells me. This is apparently their 6th studio album.

8 Likes

Men Without Hats - The Safety Dance

A quick trip back to the 1980s

7 Likes